My reflections of A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in agreement with gologit. I've not been here as long a him, but he pretty well sums AS up. Having said that, there are some folks that I miss a lot. Lakeside for example, although I see him post now and then, Thall also, just for a couple. Boy if those two couldn't figure out what was wrong with a saw you might just as well junk it. I first came here trying to figure out why my Poulan wouldn't cut. Mind you I had been cutting since my early 20's (I'm 64 now), and I got an answer right off from gasoline, the answer was right on and polite and interesting, I always read his posts, they were interesting, and he hated oil threads. I've not seen a post from him in a long time, I hope he is well. The answer by the way was that I had a SAFETY chain. I had never heard of such, and still think that the concept is crazy, but that's just me. I ground off the safety bars and that baby cut like a beaver on roids. Been a lot of changes since I came here, and I'm not around as much as I used to be, but it is the only saw forum that I go to. By the way nobody answered Jeff Lary, what is T.z" anyway. JR

Good man, keep after em i figure it may be a conspricy i am quite sure it is nothing wholesome ,Jeff

First of all I live in the USA and think people can speak their mind even if I don't agree.
But if your going to be dumb, you'd better be tough!
Everybody laughs at the class clown but nobody wants to be in a class of clowns.

Personally I'm not a fan of "search" as an answer. I would either:
A. Don't respond at all
B. Say "so you must be new, there are 100's of threads about oil and chain and X vs Y, please search your specific whatever"
C. There's a lot to be said about that but here's a link to a great thread about it.

This is just me though and that's too boring, we still need a few flames thrown in to keep it interesting.

The biggest problem with this forum is the influence bred and brought over here buy a handful of guys from another forum. Of course, not everyone there is a problem, but that's where it's bred and fostered. Put that in context with Gologit had to say, and it's just a recipe for petty, juvenile behavior.

The biggest problem with this forum is the influence bred and brought over here buy a handful of guys from another forum. Of course, not everyone there is a problem, but that's where it's bred and fostered. Put that in context with Gologit had to say, and it's just a recipe for petty, juvenile behavior.

It's pretty obvious that you are above reproach and have never done anything to deserve any of lumps that you've been served. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back