My reflections of A.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More arguing? Welcome to last week. Also last month, last year....Nothing changes.

I don't mind seeing Randy and Brad snipe at each other but it's starting to get very predictable. Worse than that, it's boring. They always say the same things.

Maybe we need a fresh crop of saw builders with more original material? :drinkingcoffee:

More arguing? Welcome to last week. Also last month, last year....Nothing changes.

I don't mind seeing Randy and Brad snipe at each other but it's starting to get very predictable. Worse than that, it's boring. They always say the same things.

Maybe we need a fresh crop of saw builders with more original material? :drinkingcoffee:
It irritates me when ANYBODY throws rocks at some other member. It CAN NOT accomplish anything good. :)

ok,,, my 2 cents even though its worth 1 penny,,,,, I have learned a lot on here,,,, have gotten a lot of help,, bought some saws,, sold a few,,, gotten parts from some good members,,, so I cant complain about any of it,,,, to me its like my 2nd family,,,,,it is amusig to read some of bickering going on because I know most of it is just for fun,,,, now on the other hand a lot of you guys are a bunch of sheep/poodle hunping gay midgets,,, especially the ones from TN.,,,, now I do admit I am a homo piss soak pecker wrecking inbred azz wipe from KY

This may start something anew but I have always wondered something and this may... be the time to ask. Why does anyone " lock " a thread? I don't care one way or the other, just that in between some of the bickering sometimes you can glean some insight as to the reason for the bickering . Maybe then work on that?
I just read a thread a while ago ( this am )and learned something that evidently is very important when posting on this site. There was some maybe +/- close to bickering on that thread too but I did learn something that I would have never known otherwise. Just a thought continue on please...

When ever you have people that are really talented at what they do..." builders, mechanics, artists or what ever". They are going to have the mindset that there stuff is the best. This is a good thing because it will drive them to be better then the next guy. I am sure that there was cavemen sitting around the fire arguing about who has the best stick and the biggest rock it just human nature.
I have gotten great advice from a lot of guys on here, BUT that is what I take it as. I will always take advice, but then I will always look into it more for my self and make up my own mind what I want to do.

This may start something anew but I have always wondered something and this may... be the time to ask. Why does anyone " lock " a thread? I don't care one way or the other, just that in between some of the bickering sometimes you can glean some insight as to the reason for the bickering . Maybe then work on that?
I just read a thread a while ago ( this am )and learned something that evidently is very important when posting on this site. There was some maybe +/- close to bickering on that thread too but I did learn something that I would have never known otherwise. Just a thought continue on please...
I think locking a thread is preferable to deleting certain posts within the thread. Years ago posts were deleted in some of the best fights on AS which caused a loss of continuity and rendered the thread more or less useless.

I will try and answer this, Some people don't want to see locks, they like to sit back and watch the arguments. long as their civil and not causing harm like name calling and cursing other members out, it's ok. When it escalates to abusive language and threats it just keeps all the members involved upset with each other and creates an atmosphere of anger and spite. Letting it go allows hate and discontent to grow among everyone. Also it is not good to see the angry side of some people that you repsect.

I will try and answer this, Some people don't want to see locks, they like to sit back and watch the arguments. long as their civil and not causing harm like name calling and cursing other members out, it's ok. When it escalates to abusive language and threats it just keeps all the members involved upset with each other and creates an atmosphere of anger and spite. Letting it go allows hate and discontent to grow among everyone. Also it is not good to see the angry side of some people that you repsect.

You either bask in the sun, or you burn in it.

Fair enough I guess. I am a reader some times a poster and always a learner. It is easy for someone like me to sit here and arm chair the whole thing. But when it is your responsibility to keep things civil I guess you need some tools to do that with too. I don't know much about what a moderator does but I " think? " you guys here do it good.

Just a generic observation. I watch nature, not always sitting in some mechanical thing or holding an engine in my hands. Quiet in other words.

The last several days, ALL the animals around here, domestic and wild, have been extremely "touchy", quick to anger.

Online, various forums here and there, seeing the same thing.

Just a generic observation. I watch nature, not always sitting in some mechanical thing or holding an engine in my hands. Quiet in other words.

The last several days, ALL the animals around here, domestic and wild, have been extremely "touchy", quick to anger.

Online, various forums here and there, seeing the same thing.

I'm going to blame it on the weather. Folks are aching for some sunshine and fishing.

I know that I have the education, training and experience to clean this forum up and make it a much happier place.

All you have to do, is make me master moderator and give me free reign. :muscle:

I bet you'd be a good mod, but you'd need to bring your taser. Lol

I for one have let my temper get the best of me here many times. I understand exactly what you are saying.

Being a mod is a thankless job...and you are very good at it.

I apologize for any trouble I've caused you Rick.

I bet you'd be a good mod, but you'd need to bring your taser. Lol

Tasers are too impersonal. I'd rather have my PR-24 Monadnock Baton.

Up close and personal, with a little blood here and there, is where it's at. :happybanana:

BTW.......when I retired, I kept it. It now resides in the driver door panel of my Chev. pick-up. ;)

Tasers are too impersonal. I'd rather have my PR-24 Monadnock Baton.

Up close and personal, with a little blood here and there, is where it's at. :happybanana:

BTW....when I retired, I kept it. It now resides in the driver door panel of my Chev. pick-up. ;)
It's a felony to possess a baton where I live. Stupid law.

"Section 12002 of the California Penal Code allows police officers, and on-duty security guards (and nobody else) with the proper training, to carry batons."

It's human nature to want to fight fire with fire, but the firefighters have proven that water works better.

I try to keep that in mind before reacting to stuff.

Back