My Stihl 028 AV Super just wont run! please help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boom!

THE BEAST LIVES AGAIN!

Completely dis assembled the carb and realized when i replaced the gaskets, i failed to realize which one was correct. with my Walbro carb it came with 3 different sets of gaskets, i figured black matched black, and surprisingly it matched my carb port placements. there was a blue film that came with it i thought was for another carb type, i was wrong there. i replaced the black (open port insert that goes under the rubber gasket on the Needle/Pin/float valve face) with the blue see-through film and put the rubber gasket over that. started right up. adjusted my idle and H/L to specs and Wowwy.. i can't wait to see it cut! especially after porting my exhaust ;) im happy to join the chainsaw family after successfully restoring my fathers first saw when he moved to VT in the 80's. may we all saw on.

Fish - when i first got the carb kit i had cleaned the float passage and replaced the screen. i shot about a half bottle of carb cleaner through every passage today, wasted time IMO, but realizing the mistake i actually made, i feel like a donkey, but now i know how to successfully tear apart a carb and completely clean it out.

Thanks everyone for all your wise words. :clap:

Latest posts

Back