My TOP TEN advice list for Stihl, Inc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats what I think,,,,,

So you are using homeowner models in a commercial capacity? Maybe they can put decomp buttons on the string trimmers too.

The homeowner/mid grade saws were never intended for felling thousands of trees in a (However long youve been gone),,,several Month period,,,,,, maybe several years,,,,:monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

well anyway,, good to see ya back :cheers: :cheers:

Every saw in the 290-family looks and feels like POS - but they reportedly work for what they were designed to do - it doesn't help though, in my book they still are POS, as they look and feel like... (only have a few minutes with a 390, that is more than enough....)

Didn't really have to run it to see that it was a sub-standard saw, the overwhelming amount of not too well designed plastic really told the story.......

Sorry Andy, Tom and Steve (and others) - just had to get it out........

No need to say your sorry Sawtroll, if thats how you feel then thats how you feel. I will say these saws seems to be getting the best of you ole boy, why such the hate over a saw family you don't use, don't own, surely Stihl hasn't forced you to buy one so why the hate. You calling them a POS is hate my man and there's no need for that. Chill ole feller. Tomorrow during our sale I'm gonna sell alot of those POS's as you callem and the people that buy them are gonna lovem, how do I know, cause I've already sold thousands of them. I'm also gonna take my leaky 372 tomorrow at the sale we're having just to show folks the great Husky quailty of none. With oil pouring out the bottom of it thats one POS thats gonna make me alot of sales and yet I still don't hate that saw, in fact I kinda like it, its serves it purpose quite well. See Sawtroll hate is a bad thing. Learn to love all saws, they all have a purpose, even if its leaking oil to sell another brand. Hate is a terrible thing ole feller, chill man.:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Your's does it too????:cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't mind, gonna come in very handy at the open house tomorrow. Gonna be the best Stihl sales pitch in the whole building. Do I hate that saw, not at all, but I will use it for what it does best, leak alotta oil,LOL

#3) As for all of the above saws, maybe label them as "Stihl Lite(tm)" or something. They are not real Stihl chainsaws. They are chainsaws that you have to jam, pry and cram into place to get them apart and back together. They have all this plastic crap that does not seem to fit right, and you have to pry stuff on and off of them just to get to the air cleaner. My particular peeves are with the plastic cover on the 170/180, and handle connection on the 210/230/250 series. Shove, jam, cram, snap, break, swear. :cry:

Why make a distinction? Harry homeowner doesn't know the difference between a pro saw and a non pro saw, so why would Stihl want to point out he's buying a non pro saw? He's not apt to pay as much if they do. Professional sawyers do know the difference, so the labels are irrelevant to them.

Why make a distinction? Harry homeowner doesn't know the difference between a pro saw and a non pro saw, so why would Stihl want to point out he's buying a non pro saw? He's not apt to pay as much if they do. Professional sawyers do know the difference, so the labels are irrelevant to them.

True to a point. Where I work the customer is told exactly what he is buying upfront. He's shown the differances and the costs as well. He's also told what the saw is designed to handle and what it is capable of doing, dayummm Space its true, I'm that dayummm good,LOL

windthrown

#3) They have all this plastic crap that does not seem to fit right, and you have to pry stuff on and off of them just to get to the air cleaner. My particular peeves are with the plastic cover on the 170/180, and handle connection on the 210/230/250 series. Shove, jam, cram, snap, break, swear.

No you don't.... I do it every day.. no problems...

I like Harry's... You can't downsell a pro user, but you sure can upsell a good percentage of Harry's to pro saws :cheers:

Some models require a diffent technique to install or remove the top cyl. or airfilter cover,,, Like you have to apply the choke to remove or install the cover ,,,,

Ya just gotta figure out which ones and dont get excited or force anything,,,:monkey: :givebeer:

and dont hit anything with a hammer!!!!!!

:cheers:

Last edited:

Lake you don't really buy anything in his long 3am in the morning post do you? I read it and laffed. Deco valve on a 290 told me all I needed to know. Was good reading though, quite amusing and revealing wouldn't you say,LOL

Lake you don't really buy anything in his long 3am in the morning post do you? I read it and laffed. Deco valve on a 290 told me all I needed to know. Was good reading though, quite amusing and revealing wouldn't you say,LOL

Yep.. especially the part about no brains at the end of the day.

Yep.. especially the part about no brains at the end of the day.

LOLOL, I saw that too. Oh well takes all kinds to make this place fun. I might print his post and display it tomorrow and show people what happens when you think you know it all at 3am in the morning,LOLOL

LOLOL, I saw that too. Oh well takes all kinds to make this place fun. I might print his post and display it tomorrow and show people what happens when you think you know it all at 3am in the morning,LOLOL

Why not send it over to the boys at VA Beach? There's a suggestion box over there prolly...........:monkey:

I don't mind, gonna come in very handy at the open house tomorrow. Gonna be the best Stihl sales pitch in the whole building. Do I hate that saw, not at all, but I will use it for what it does best, leak alotta oil,LOL

Have it sitting on a table by itself and put a napkin dispenser close by. Tell all the 290 buyers that "this" table is where "quality" is made. That should sell more 290s than ever.

I should ship Troll one:clap:

I like Harry's... You can't downsell a pro user, but you sure can upsell a good percentage of Harry's to pro saws :cheers:

Maybe he's got something then--call it the Stihl pos series. Should be easy to upsell then. Oh wait though, we need a term that would distinguish the homeowner from the pro saws, huh. :chainsaw: :cheers:

Have it sitting on a table by itself and put a napkin dispenser close by. Tell all the 290 buyers that "this" table is where "quality" is made. That should sell more 290s than ever.

I should ship Troll one:clap:

Naaaaaaaaaaaa I'm gonna take the top off it and show what isn't there, the rest of the saw. That with oil puking out the bottom should be more than enuff proof to makem buy those Stihls like wildfire. It may sound like a low idea but hey I paid 600.00 for it, its mine so I'll do what the hell I feel like with it, ownership is a beautifull thing,LOLOL

Last edited:
Back