My website is up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyM

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
It is simple, and I didn't spell "Dolmar" when I registered the domain, so right now it is spelled wrong. This is all new to me, and I will be periodically updating and adding pictures and features to the site. I hope to have my inventory and prices available on the web shortly.

My Site

Tony I visited your web site and found the GB information I wanted; but, no prices were listed???? I bought my last GB bar from Jacks Small Engines after doing an internet search. It was poorly packed and arrived 'outside' the box.
Anyway, what about prices? Do we have to email for this information? Or did I just fail to see it on your site?

Okay, I fixed the spelling error on the email link. Thanks for pointing it out.

This is not meant to be a fancy site, at this point, nor to have features. When I start into something new, I start small and evolve. I have to get the simple things working first, to understand what I'm doing, and how it all comes together. I will be adding more, including price lists, and inventory. And I will be registering the correct domain spelling.

Sorry to disappoint a few of you. I was actually proud of myself because I did something that two weeks ago I knew virtually nothing about. I almost wish now that I had not pointed it out, and since my site would not likely have been found via any search engine, I could just keep working on it.

Looked good to me; and, you've been around the AS long enough to know that these guys are going to pull your chain no matter how perfect you get it. :dizzy: :dizzy: So don't sweat it; just keep plugging along and we'll visit it from time to time. I'm glad to know we have a GB and Carlton dealer in our midst. ;) ;)

You should be able to play around with your website on your home computer before you upload it, if you don't want it viewed while you're experimenting. Or, simply add a subfolder onto your domain where you can play with it, but doesn't have a link from your homepage. Say, "http://dolmersaws.com/testpage". That's what I would do.

Yes, from here on out, I will probably make changes and test it on my computer only, but part of the learning curve was getting it on the Web Host's Server and seeing it appear on the net. I just played around with adding a data access page that enables the viewer to see my inventory and prices, and it worked, but I removed the link as it's not quite ready yet. I wondered if it would work, because my ISP didn't think so.

I'll probably be keeping an eye out for some site designs I like, and integrating some of the styling into the pages. I'm open for any suggestions, except to hire it done. My budget won't allow for it, and besides, what would I learn?

I didn't figure it would be of any harm to have a little blurb about the shop, and some contact information, for now, anyway.

Dont worry Tony you are bound to make mistakes, It took me a long time for figure out some of the stuff for my site, and I still make mistakes when I work on it.

Latest posts

Back