My wife caught me...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually i got another thing lol wifes been home all week sick as a dog so i been taking the kids outside when i get home from work. monday i messed with the splitter a bit the 3yo had a fit that she didnt want me to use it. so she ran in and told the wife lol. anyway i was just messing with the new table not really splitting any wood to speak of.

so yesterday i get home take the kids outside and start the lawn mower the 3yo has a fit and runs into the house. tells the wife im using my splitter again. so the wofe comes out hears a motor running and yells "cant you go 1 friggin day without using that thing" then comes outta the breezeway and sees me cuttin the grass. haha i was like see im cuttin the grass and you thoght i was playin with my wood!

Cutting the grass is my favorite non-wood chore, followed by snowblowing after a storm. My feeling is that god makes it snow when it's too cold for grass to grow so I can play with my toys.:clap: :clap: :clap:

the crappy wood tractor i bought this year (old crapsman 12.5hp) cmae with a plow on it. so im gonna have to mess with that i know it works i seen the guy using it last winter. not sure how well but well see.

actually i got another thing lol wifes been home all week sick as a dog so i been taking the kids outside when i get home from work. monday i messed with the splitter a bit the 3yo had a fit that she didnt want me to use it. so she ran in and told the wife lol. anyway i was just messing with the new table not really splitting any wood to speak of.

so yesterday i get home take the kids outside and start the lawn mower the 3yo has a fit and runs into the house. tells the wife im using my splitter again. so the wofe comes out hears a motor running and yells "cant you go 1 friggin day without using that thing" then comes outta the breezeway and sees me cuttin the grass. haha i was like see im cuttin the grass and you thoght i was playin with my wood!

they say you'll go blind.

You guys have me setting here laughing my arse off.Crazy people. Oh yeah and by the way,I'm 50 and still playing with the wood.Can't get enough.Crazy people??????

I grew up just this side of poor so my folks didn't have money to spend on a lot of toys for me:

If it wasn't for playing with my wood I wouldn't have had anything to do.

I started young.

I was playing with my wood before I even knew what it was for. I just knew that it was fun and that when I was done I would have a warm feeling all over.

Yea I'm hooked.....My wife the other day said "Hey...who built the log cabin in the back yard?"...I can't help it I love it ...The work, the burning, all of it...best of all she likes the low gas bill!

Well, I have been lurking on this topic because I have been in denial(that spelt rite??) anyway, My name is Butch and I cant quit cutting firewood. This years wood has been split and in the shed for months. Next years wood is in rounds stacked at the farm. The year after's wood in laying down in the woods. BUT, yesterday I noticed a new blowdown, ash about 15" at the bottom. I hurried through supper and gathered up the saws and boys and went out and cut a pick up load, was way too dern hot to be outcutting wood I dont need. Next time it is that hot I think I will be able to pry away from cutting, maybe go to town and look at saws,, or mauls and axes, or maybe the splitters at TSC,,,, When will it get cold enough to start a fire??:(

Latest posts

Back