wife complaining about my firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddstopper

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
It never seems to end, the never ending things a man has to do to keep the peace. A few years back, My wife surprised me with a wood stove. Of course she bought it in Oct and I didnt have a stick of anything to burn in it. After scroungeing as hard as I could to find enough wood to get thru the winter, and mostly burning green wood, I have finally managed to get a couple of seasons ahead on my firewood. Couple a years ago, I was given a monster red maple, about 6ft dia at the butt. The tree was growing on a river bank and had fallen into the water. I helped the guy get the tree out of the river and we sawed into log lengths and he loaded the logs on my trailer with his trackhoe. Well the tree was dead, bark slipping off, almost rotten on the outside, but dang it had a bunch of firewood in it. I dump it close to my wood shed and it laid there far a while because I didnt have a saw big enough to buck it up. I actually sold the butt cut to a man with a mill to make table tops out of. Anyways, I was left with some 4ft+ dia wood and the biggest bar I had was a 20in. Well last year I traded up a 24in bar and managed to buck up the maple. I got it all split and stacked in the dry. Well the maple was in the middle of the shed and we have just now burnt enough wood from in front of it to start using the maple. Wood dry as power. Will light with just a match and burns very hot, and very fast. Now the wife she likes the heat, but she hates feeding the stove. Last night I was instructed to never bring any more maple home for fire wood. I say free wood is free wood, if it burns, put it in the stove. Problem is, I still have a ton of that tree left in the wood pile. I guess to keep the peace, I will have to dig into the pile and mix the maple with other stuff when I haul it into the basement. The things we have to go thru.

I think its only fair that she loads the stove, shes the one that bought it. Of course her buying the stove gave me a pretty good excuse to buy chainsaws to cut wood, trucks and trailers to haul wood, and splitters to split wood.

I have to admit, might even bragg, I have a pretty great wife. Since I have worked out of town ever since we got married, she has washed my clothes, cooked my meals, cuts the grass, plows the garden, plants the garden, weeds the garden and harvest the crops. She cooks she cleans and she is tight as hell with the money. She has raised three boys into young men. On cold nights, she even cuddles up to this old fart. cant really ask for more than that. Mixing up the firewood isnt that great of a scarifice.

I found this definition of "Simp" in the urban dictionary:

v. to simp. Tricking, groveling, or basically just letting females walk all over you for no apparent reason other than your own *****-made-ness.

I didn't mean to sound as if I was bashing my wife, because I wasn't. Just a little jealous! When I first got my OWB, I got the "silent treatment" for awhile. It wasn't until she came home from work in an 8" snowstorm that she finally appreciated what I was doing! Next morning when she went to leave for work, her car was completely dried off and warm! I soon turned in to a hero again. My wife can tell the difference in the aroma of what species I happen to be burning, she definitely likes cherry the best, that seems to work well for me as I tend to burn that more in the early months when we are still out in the yard in case we get in wafting smoke aroma.

I have to admit, might even bragg, I have a pretty great wife. Since I have worked out of town ever since we got married, she has washed my clothes, cooked my meals, cuts the grass, plows the garden, plants the garden, weeds the garden and harvest the crops. She cooks she cleans and she is tight as hell with the money. She has raised three boys into young men. On cold nights, she even cuddles up to this old fart. cant really ask for more than that. Mixing up the firewood isnt that great of a scarifice.

Not to pry, but what is it that you contribute to this relationship? Anything other than money? :p

Hopefully this wonderful wife of yours won't realize what a scumbag you are and go looking for somebody better. :laugh: (Just joshin' ya!) I have that same fear my own wife will wake up to that reality one day. :eek:

Love, devotion, a shoulder to lean on, a ear to listen, Understanding, and a helping hand., but most of all this :muscle:

You, sir, are sounding like a Hallmark card. You just find that line in an old card laying on the desk, or maybe when you were shopping for a valentines day card?:D:laughing:

Id say shes right...i hate fast burning wood too...btw its my birthday and my wife bought me an eighth of weed and a tenoning jig without me asking im blown away

Not to pry, but what is it that you contribute to this relationship? Anything other than money? :p

Hopefully this wonderful wife of yours won't realize what a scumbag you are and go looking for somebody better. :laugh: (Just joshin' ya!) I have that same fear my own wife will wake up to that reality one day. :eek:
This is what happens when we marry up:drinkingcoffee:

She won't. She has to have a CDL to drive that bus to haul all of your kids, you've got her trapped!
:laughing:

I didn't mean to sound as if I was bashing my wife, because I wasn't. Just a little jealous! When I first got my OWB, I got the "silent treatment" for awhile. It wasn't until she came home from work in an 8" snowstorm that she finally appreciated what I was doing! Next morning when she went to leave for work, her car was completely dried off and warm! I soon turned in to a hero again. My wife can tell the difference in the aroma of what species I happen to be burning, she definitely likes cherry the best, that seems to work well for me as I tend to burn that more in the early months when we are still out in the yard in case we get in wafting smoke aroma.

I like the smell of black walnut myself.

Latest posts

Back