wife complaining about my firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My girlfreind dont mind feeding the woodstove but as soon as there is no wood in the house to put in shes done
even though the wood is next to the garage about 30 foot from the basment door. Its not like she has to cut and split it? Just carry it in.

My girlfreind dont mind feeding the woodstove but as soon as there is no wood in the house to put in shes done
even though the wood is next to the garage about 30 foot from the basment door. Its not like she has to cut and split it? Just carry it in.

Just take what you can get and don't whine! Mine won't touch the wood or the OWB at all, but she more than pulls her share in the house! Took me a very LONG time to find the ONE to put up with all of my idiosyncrasies! Hope she doesn't trade me in on new younger model!

My wife of 31 years has bought me several rifles and shot guns, Have learned not to talk to friends about guns in front of or where she can hear me.
Talked me into collecting antique tractors and equipment, buy our UP property.
Doesn't mind feeding the wood burner and has been known to work in the woods with me. Had to learn the hard way to take the wood from the pile evenly and wear a good boot when one big chunk rolled down off the pile and smashed and I mean smashed 3 of her toes.
Just can not get her to drive a stick shift transmission car/truck yet is fine with a tractor.

Now her older sister is a piece of work never did find a man that could stand her for more than a few months and many it was weeks. Glad mom and dad broke that mold.

:D Al

My wife and I grew up together pretty much. Lived about a mile apart, We rode the same school bus, I taught her to drive, in a 1959 chevy pickup with a 4 speed. We will have been married for 40 years in Aug. She was a farm girl and poor. Family made a living raising tomatoes, tobacco, and cutting pulpwood. She knew how to work when I married her. She can cook, can, grow, sew clothes, darn socks, make medicine using herbs, Can shoot the eye out of a knat at 100yards, has a degree in computer information systems and is generally a lot smarter than I am. Dont have a clue as to why she lets me stay around.

Back