My wife caught me...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because I'm among friends...I'll admit that I have admired another man's wood pile. Not because it was better than mine but because it was nearly as nice as mine.:)

My wife has no issue with my obsession with wood. She recognizes the value of the firewood and appreciates how much money it has saved us. The guys at work aren't so understanding. Two of the guys I work with are my partners in crime for firewood. The other two just pick on us. If we just happen to be glancing at AS we are accused of viewing "firewood p@rn". We have also been accused of viewing "chainsaw p@rn" and "tractor p@rn." We take a beating from those two but we've also sold them firewood;)

Because I'm among friends...I'll admit that I have admired another man's wood pile. Not because it was better than mine but because it was nearly as nice as mine.:)

My wife has no issue with my obsession with wood. She recognizes the value of the firewood and appreciates how much money it has saved us. The guys at work aren't so understanding. Two of the guys I work with are my partners in crime for firewood. The other two just pick on us. If we just happen to be glancing at AS we are accused of viewing "firewood p@rn". We have also been accused of viewing "chainsaw p@rn" and "tractor p@rn." We take a beating from those two but we've also sold them firewood;)

tell thoes lazy bums that you are 'green' and using a renewable resource and they are not see what they think about that.. and see how they complain about heating fuel this winter...

when you're driving along somewhere, and you see a wood pile in some one's yard....admit it....you check it out like it's some hot babe standing there in a bikini.

Zen Meister

The same feeling came over me last week as I gazed at all of the leftovers from a mishandled logging operation, whilst clutching the permission letter from the property owner....ACROSS THE ROAD FROM MY HOUSE!!!!!:jawdrop:

The same feeling came over me last week as I gazed at all of the leftovers from a mishandled logging operation, whilst clutching the permission letter from the property owner....ACROSS THE ROAD FROM MY HOUSE!!!!!:jawdrop:

That's not right!!! That is just too easy. Good for you! :clap:

Kevin

lucky:clap:

lol...firewood p*rn.

good one.

Mine has 5 horses, I can't wait for her to put them in the other pasture so I can go Drop The rest of that Black Locust Tree.:) But at least while I'm splittin, She's stackin:clap: and I take every chance I get to go admire my wood piles, I'm going to get more friday night, How fun is That??? My kind of friday eve:)

Inform her that Black Locust is poisonous to horses, and you'll be sawing tomorrow. Got to keep her horses safe you know.....

Take a look here:http://www.vet.purdue.edu/depts/addl/toxic/plant48.htm

Now I see why my woodstack is right behind my house and easily viewable from the sliding glass door...here I thought it was cause it was close to the house and easy to bring it in when I need more wood to burn...

:chainsaw: Yes, it was too easy...lotsa wood in there, good tops, scrap, :greenchainsaw: 3 nice trails into the property..nice place to cut, hang out, sip on some 'shine when the day is done...it's enough to give a man a "WOODY"...badabing!

Love my stacks.....of wood!!

Hello to my Fellow Firewood Addicts,

My name is Noel and I too, fortunately, have battled this addiction for many years. My poor lil' MS 250 peers out at me in glee, peeing bar oil, as i wipe the sawdust from her bar and teeth, before I step out the door to go to work. My wife now calls me by my new nickname "you sick man". She comments on "why do you have so much firewood, we don't even have a fireplace or a wood stove:jawdrop: I reply that we have 2 firepits and its nice to spend time outside in the evenings during the fall, winter, and spring. She just smiles at me, shakes her head and says "you poor sick, sick, man". I reply "you haven't seen sick yet, wait until I buy an MS 441!" :hmm3grin2orange: All joking aside, I am very fortunate to have married a wonderful, beautiful, woman who puts up with me- she understands that I grew up a country boy, have a strong work ethic, and love to be/work outdoors, even here in Tucson, AZ,.... during the summer. Love the dry heat, hotter the better!! I hate July-September when we get a lot of severe and often violent thunderstorms here in AZ and New Mexico (monsoon season) Sucks, but I have never coped well with humidity. Still outside doing projects during this time but work at slower pace. I respect you folks who live in high humidity/high heat areas of the U.S. and abroad.

FYI- regarding the wood stove, my wife and I are discussing the distinct possibility of getting one due to the outrageous increase and cost of natural gas here in the city. Any recommendations??? Tucson is in the Sonoran desert, however it does get pretty cold in the evenings (Temp: low 30's to 20's consistently, occasional teen temp.) 1500 sq. ft. home. Thank you ahead of time and keep on cuttin'!!

...and I'm sure that you've found some creative uses for bar oil too!:)

Come to think of it, a chainsaw is a pretty tangible extension of a guy's man parts.

........when the 'ole lady comes into the bedroom with a can of bar oil, jumper cables, a 12 volt battery, and a horse saddle I know I'm in trouble..............

Originally Posted by woodbooga
...and I'm sure that you've found some creative uses for bar oil too!

Come to think of it, a chainsaw is a pretty tangible extension of a guy's man parts.

whew!

i can now proudly boast then that i own an 18" and a 20" and nothing smaller.

My old lady is jealous of my woodpile(s). She talks about wood as if it were "The Other Woman".

"You're trying to sneak off to cut some wood again aren't you?"
"You don't love me you just love that D@mned woodpile."
"Why don't you look at me like that?"

Sometimes I am certain that it would be easier to sneak out to get some strange than it is to go and scrounge up some more firewood:

"I wasn't cutting firewood, I was out with another woman honey."
"LIAR! Why did I find sawdust in your pockets?"
"I don't know how that got there. I swear it isn't mine"
"Why can't you just cheat on me like a normal guy?"
"I'm an ADDICT alright! (sobbing) I can't help it...I can't help it.
"You're going to have to choose! Me...or the wood"
"Who gets the chainsaw?"

whew!

i can now proudly boast then that i own an 18" and a 20" and nothing smaller.

I'll take your word for it.

Although some guys have their wives convinced this is 6":

[______________________________________]

[______________________________________]

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

My old lady is jealous of my woodpile(s). She talks about wood as if it were "The Other Woman".

"You're trying to sneak off to cut some wood again aren't you?"
"You don't love me you just love that D@mned woodpile."
"Why don't you look at me like that?"

Sometimes I am certain that it would be easier to sneak out to get some strange than it is to go and scrounge up some more firewood:

You're in good company here. I've gotten all kinds of H-E-double hockey stix for going out to fetch up a load on a woodboogerin' mission.

This must be a men from mars, women from venus kind of thing. Occasionally, she'll remark "Wow, that's a good shot of wood you got there," ushering a moment of clarity: That feeling I get must be the equivalent of when I compliment her hair or tell her she smells pretty.

i got a compliment from the wife last saturday. i was unloading chunks of oak from my truck to my very large to be split pile. she came out on the porch to take alook and she says thanks for doin all this babe. i was like yeah just think no oil to buy for prolly 3 years right here. so then i cleverly snuck in a with the thousands of dollars i save us you should let me be with my chainsaw habit for a while. drumroll........she agreed wooohoooo she knows i want a 346 xpne and a 372xp so its gonna happen sometime anyway. :clap:

actually i got another thing lol wifes been home all week sick as a dog so i been taking the kids outside when i get home from work. monday i messed with the splitter a bit the 3yo had a fit that she didnt want me to use it. so she ran in and told the wife lol. anyway i was just messing with the new table not really splitting any wood to speak of.

so yesterday i get home take the kids outside and start the lawn mower the 3yo has a fit and runs into the house. tells the wife im using my splitter again. so the wofe comes out hears a motor running and yells "cant you go 1 friggin day without using that thing" then comes outta the breezeway and sees me cuttin the grass. haha i was like see im cuttin the grass and you thoght i was playin with my wood!

Latest posts

Back