My Wife Thinks This is A A For Chainsaw Junkies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysawmyrules

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
It started slow the husky 61 then it lead to the 71 .I had one simple question and decided to ask it on one of these sites which lead me here. Now it's a restored 07 S and a 08 but couldn't stop there Remmington Super 663 a Pioneer 600A Then the homolite super EZ. It's a slippery slope and I feel as though I have only started to slide. I guess Thanks is what I'm trying to say.

This is the opposite of AA ... it's more like the guy that stands outside of the AA building waiting to offer you a beer. :cheers:

It's a slippery slope and I feel as though I have only started to slide.
Its more like a Luge track. With the chase after each new saw like a 90 MPH run down an ice covered banked half pipe hanging on for dear life. The safe completion of each run/acquisition fulfilling the needed endorphin rush. Then to only climb back to the hill top to start anew, for we are but weak mortals, and cannot exist without that rush.
We are doomed I tell you, we are doomed

Last edited:
As far as hobbies go, this is actually pretty mild in the context of how invasive it is to family life. Saws don't take up very much room. (They take up less space than my ex wifes shoe collection) It doesn't require a lot of money; and has to be the least expensive hobbie for guys who want to play with things that have engines on them.

Another reason you can play this game on the cheap is that many saws can be found sitting around unwanted and just taking up space. They can be had for just a few bucks or less. I have an advantage being a shop owner, but I had put the word out that I needed a Jonsered 920 top end for a buddy of mine. In walks a guy with THREE 920's followed a day later by a guy with a 910. All for free. I just had to spend $10 for a mount on the 910. So I add a 910 and a 920 to my collection, and my friend gets what he needs plus some extra parts.

Of course, the guys who are into the new saws with expensive mods have to lay out a few bucks, but even this is cheap compared to most other hobbies. I probably spend $2000 a year playing ice hockey between the league fees, equipment, driving, etc. Guns, snowmobiles, racing, ATV's, hot rods. Try to find something that costs LESS than saws.

And once you start to use the word "collection", you don't have to justify adding to it.

Or we could try a trick the girls always get away with. How many times do they buy something they want, and justify it by saying "It's for the house"?

What's your buzz?

So far one the biggest buzzes is fixing the 3 of my 4 saws that were given to me for nothing because they were not working.

One just needed a good clean and fresh fuel. Two had loose exhausts and lost exhaust bolts and needed a good clean. One of these was in pieces so it was a bit of jigsaw puzzle putting it together, especially because I lost a ball bearing out of the oil pump!

I think the sound of these non-working saws first firing up is a real treat !

OK - I'm just about ready for my next one. My wife just rolled her eyes again!

Cheeers

Last edited:
What's your buzz?

I OK - I'm just about ready for my next one. My wife just rolled her eyes again!

Cheeers
Not to worry,the rolling of the eyes is just something most of the ladies do,regarding mechanical toys the men collect.Oh course,one must understand,certain things like high priced baskets,"Denum Days" Avon bottles,have a much higher order than motorcycles,chainsaws,old trucks etc. in the eyes of the fairer gender,so to speak.:D

My wife doesn't think this is an AA variant at all, actually she is the one beeing led to want a saw (Dolmar PS-5100SH), after beeing here for a few months......;) :rockn: :rockn: :yoyo:

Well,on the some what practicle side,if you drive old vehicles or have old saws you need a plurality of same.It seems in my case I am guilty on both counts.Old habits die hard.;)

Back