My wife's in the biz...Ugh or Yeah!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovoArbor

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm the WIFE and the YEAH one. if any of you fellows have a wife in biz with you or are thinking about it, or she's thinking about it, you may want to talk to me. I'll even get my hubby in on it if need be. We have a super marriage & biz relationship and we're doing fantastic. Just putting this out there in case anyone wants to know about this type of partnership. it could be the best - it could also lead to separate living quarters!!!!!!
Respect to all,
Starr

Mrs Novo, we've been trying for years to keep our wives from formally assembling on this site. I mean, the repercussions to our home lives could be profound; treeguys wives getting all their emotions out there in the open. It could ruin us, Starr. You could single-handedly bring this site to it's knees. For some of us, this is our only 'guy time'. With very little effort you women could infiltrate our community and and control us like you do at home. Gossip and fault-finding, critcizing our threads and telling us ONLINE that we're spending too much time online. AUGGGHHHHHHH!

I'm just messin with ya, Starr. :p

Actually, Tree Machine nailed it ;). Most of the guys come here to get away from the wife & kids. You could call it 'guy time,' but that sure does read strangely :p.

Last edited:
Mine is in on it. I helped put her through college, now she holds a degree in biz admin.
Surely you're not suggesting I take her to the jobsite! Up a tree with my phone wwaaaaayy down in the truck is close enough for us. Not that women can't do the work, I just don't need MY WOMAN there. I gotta have a break! :D
-Ralph

Tree Machine said:
For some of us, this is our only 'guy time'. With very little effort you women could infiltrate our community and and control us like you do at home. Gossip and fault-finding, critcizing our threads and telling us ONLINE that we're spending too much time online. AUGGGHHHHHHH!

I'm just messin with ya, Starr. :p

uh oh... Jim, my friend, does this mean a non-wife, not involved in the biz... someone like me, just a simple woman, is not welcome here???

hmmm

Mother and son

My wife comes and grounds for us on occasion , that way me and my son can both climb. I enjoy it heaps, esp how she encourages my son. "thats a good cut " or " wow your climbing is improved"...But she calls outat me if she catchs me one handing or some such.Some times they gang up on me and become "The commentry Team"

I guess throw me to the wolves but without my wife, we wouldn't be in business. She has a BA in Business Administration, a BA in Business Management, Minor in Finance and she does a mean clean-up job when I can get her on-site. She takes care of all paperwork and keeps me from spending all of our earnings. She however isn't at work everyday. She is a loan officer by day and bookkeeper by night. My vote is don't rule out their free groundsman help ;) .

My wife has played a big part in my side buisness of tree work. She makes fliers and goes door to door after storms leaving fliers and cards. This has paid off great.
Also just having her support helps.
She does like to play around doing ground work, but the physical demands are just to much.
I have turned her lose with a small chain saw a few times...she did very well.

My wife has worked with me once. It was fun. I must say, she was very thourough with the cleanup. I would have her work more often if the job permits, and if I can afford a babysitter for four :)

Last edited:
My joking above was just that. I am incompetent at things like opening mail, doing taxes, making sure bills get paid, choosing and wearing clothes that match. If it weren't for my sweet woman, I wouled certainly be in a dismal mess.

However, If it weren't for me, pickle jars wouldn't get opened and,..... OK, so that's about all I can do, but it is done in excellence and I'm proud of me ability.

My Wife works with me daily and has for 4yr's She has a cdl,Drives a chip Dump or Bucket truck,Run's a bobcat,Operates Saws,Sharpens Saws, Drags brush and will on occasion drop a tree.Not to mention Runs the crew operates rigging gear and makes lunch!it Works for me.O And has to date fired 4 ground helpers.

Not a chance in hell. She's scared to death of the things. I can hardly convince her to plug in a lamp in fear of being electrocuted. But, if it wasn't for her being the woman she is, I wouldn't be able to do what I love. She stays home with our four children and to me, that is much tougher than my job.

Last edited:
Just wait, I see an up and coming tree crew waiting in the wings, then the roles will be reversed, give it time. ;)

Larry

My wife is my partner. Period! What ever I do, she will support me and be in it with me. I cannot complain.

The oldest loves climbing but doesn't want to learn anything new. My 5yr. old is already very knowledgable about knots, and equipment use, but is afraid of heights. My youngest boy enjoys mowing, so I think I'll be okay for help in about 10 years :) And of course, my daughter will do what she does best and tell everyone what to do!

TM ..you forgot that we get to put out the garbage...
Redbull Watch them kids ..one day ifound my five year old in the top of a plum tree (15' ) with a rope around his belly.For saftey he had tied it to the base of the tree.

Well, fortunately, for safety reasons, there are no trees around my house that are accessible without a rope. But, I kind of wish there were. My kids are missing out on some great experiences being able to climb trees on their own. I have found my 5 year old sitting in a BOAB (bowline on a bight) saddle hanging from his bunkbed.

Back