Need a fuel expert

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think/know from watching the caravan of lawn care and tree service guys that come in the store above the house mostly every day filling up that if you run through that stuff daily that the alcohol doesn't mean squat.

Just don't let it sit.
Hard to do with trucks or cars that sit in my yard that don't get driven daily, I can't get non E at a pump here.

Hard to do with trucks or cars that sit in my yard that don't get driven daily, I can't get non E at a pump here.
Newer cars and trucks aren’t vented to outside air like older vehicles . The ethanol doesn’t cause a problem over a few months but it still goes stale after a while . The blends/additives that are used in gas don’t have long shelf life . I use non E in all my old vehicles and my yard equipment. The new cars get 10 % never had a problem and my Envoy sits most of the summer it’s my winter car

My truck's had no trouble with E10, even though it only gets driven 2000 miles per year, and a tank of fuel might last two months. I'd never do that to my small engines, but the truck hasn't seemed to mind.

Back