Need a new saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removed the Cat muffler and mounted Bailey replacement. Just for the sake of caution I tried to richen her up a tad (CCW?) found both "H" & "L" adjustments at full CCW. Is this normal? Or is the seller in Colorado ensuring they do'nt get fried saws returned.

Originally Posted by 04ultra
Outboard clutches suck when putting a long bar on a 3120.. Changing rim sprockets is a PITA.. Lets face it inboard is nicer..

Originally Posted by Manual
so how many time do you play with it.

Manual; My Pioneer has an outboard clutch but a different bar tensioning mechanism. The Husqvarna system is cumbersome IMHO.

I have removed a pinched bar while still embedded in a tree (my inept twin), not sure that is possible with my Husky!

.... I have removed a pinched bar while still embedded in a tree (my inept twin), not sure that is possible with my Husky!

Not likely, unless you cut the chain or remove the clutch......:greenchainsaw:

On the MS361 it is a snap.

Congrats on the 359 Lou... suprised ya didn't head down to Cutters Supply in Enumclaw to buy a 361...;)

Gary

Thanks Gary
I tried but Cutters wasn't willing to give me a $250 trade in on my Pioneer. Think I got the most saw for the least investment. 30-40 years from now maybe Stihl. Will there still be trees? Humans? Cockroaches for sure!!!

Back