Need a Stihl MS 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talon1189 said:
Ok......here is a real question? I noticed today on "Big Brutus" MS 361 that there is no handle bar warmer switch :angry: Was this an option? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon
No only the 440, 441, and the 460 has the artic package as an option.

talon1189 said:
Ok......here is a real question? I noticed today on "Big Brutus" MS 361 that there is no handle bar warmer switch :angry: Was this an option? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon
My 361W has it, and the WV (or "Arctic") also has a heated carb.

I don't know if they are offered in North America though.

manual said:
You Know you are right.
Talon asked a question and I answered him and all of the sudden a back of wolfs came from no where and started to Knip me at the heels.
:blob2: :blob2: :hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

Is this the next "prince" tread???????

I will leave for the wood-lot and the cabin in a few hours to cut with you-guess-what, and allmost am sorry that I have to leave this forum.

Is this an illness ???? :bang: :bang:

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
Hay Manual, I still printed when you posted - I guess that there are no 361 Arctic then.....
Well Can't say for sure now. It's not listed in there book.

... by the way, don't worry, I will use and take care of the old Jonsered also - It is a nice saw to cut logs into firewood blocks with!:D

fishhuntcutwood said:
I've actually been known to give my saws women's names. My 056 MII is "Kathy" and my 361 is "Andi."

They're both long stories...

Jeff.... seriously bro..... you need help.

Next you'll be storing your saws in your living room with a custom made log to show them off... oh wait.... you already do.... :D :p

Don't be afraid of the men in the clean white coats when they show up at your door.... they are "friends". We are all concerned and are here to help!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Gary

talon, one day your curiosity will get the best of you and you're going to wonder what saw is the same order of magnitude ABOVE the 361 as your 180 was below it...and you'll be sniffing 660's...

Chaser

wagonwheeler said:
talon, one day your curiosity will get the best of you and you're going to wonder what saw is the same order of magnitude ABOVE the 361 as your 180 was below it...and you'll be sniffing 660's...

Chaser
Maybe waay down the road :laugh: A 660 seems kinda extreme for residencial work for me right now :rockn: Does anyone know anything about www.washingtonhotsaws.com Their stage 2 for $275 is interesting :rock: I just wish the girl in the picture at the site would hold "my tool" Hehehe....I wonder how much more horsepower and torque that they could extract out of my "Big Brutus" my MS 361??? :greenchainsaw: They specialize in Stihl. Does anyone know? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

talon1189 said:
Maybe waay down the road :laugh: A 660 seems kinda extreme for residencial work for me right now :rockn: Does anyone know anything about www.washingtonhotsaws.com Their stage 2 for $275 is interesting :rock: I just wish the girl in the picture at the site would hold "my tool" Hehehe....I wonder how much more horsepower and torque that they could extract out of my "Big Brutus" my MS 361??? :greenchainsaw: They specialize in Stihl. Does anyone know? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Ask them - He sponsers a forum on the site!

Ok Lake

lake is right ask him he should be able to help.
Went to lincoln to get a hair cut. Droped the little woman and son at the Clinic.
Anyway I went to the sthil dealer across the street. Being alone I had time to talk seen the 441 in the back room doesn't even have the bar on it yet.
Then My friend with the 361. You know the one with the filter leaking and you sent the service bulletin to me and I passed it on.
Seems he traided that two year old 361 in for a 2002 440mag.
My friend told me that he would sell me that saw for 300.00 "friends" and I said no.
the Sthil dealer told me he will sell me that saw for 275.00 hmmmm
I asked what about the filter problem? he said he did the new mod.
I said well I know that saw was sucking wood chips.
Asked him if he would take a 029 super for some of the payment
told me to bring it in and we will talk.

manual said:
lake is right ask him he should be able to help.
Went to lincoln to get a hair cut. Droped the little woman and son at the Clinic.
Anyway I went to the sthil dealer across the street. Being alone I had time to talk seen the 441 in the back room doesn't even have the bar on it yet.
Then My friend with the 361. You know the one with the filter leaking and you sent the service bulletin to me and I passed it on.
Seems he traided that two year old 361 in for a 2002 440mag.
My friend told me that he would sell me that saw for 300.00 "friends" and I said no.
the Sthil dealer told me he will sell me that saw for 275.00 hmmmm
I asked what about the filter problem? he said he did the new mod.
I said well I know that saw was sucking wood chips.
Asked him if he would take a 029 super for some of the payment
told me to bring it in and we will talk.

Bitter pill to swallow Eh Manual:ices_rofl:
Andy

sawinredneck said:
Bitter pill to swallow Eh Manual:ices_rofl:
Andy
Not so bitter when you trade up on a saw.
I'm like you I'll take what I can afford.
I still have to contend with the little woman. Says if I can't get 100.00 for the 029 then forget it.

Sounds reasonable to me!!! A lot better saw for sure!!! Don't miss my390 a BIT!!!! (Not sure why though:biggrinbounce2: )
Andy

Hey my 029 has never let me down. I have never taken the cylinder off all I have done was a muffler mod and spark plugs. Makes a good back up saw thats all it is now. and I am sure that is all the used 361 would be.
you Know I almost talked myself out of the deal.

Latest posts

Back