Need Help Setting Up A Carving Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace56320

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I WOULD LIKE TO SET UP MY MS 200T STIHL WITH A 1/4 SPROCKET, SO I CAN RUN MY 1/4" B/C'S. CAN ANY ONE TELL ME IF THER IS AN AFTERMARKET SPROCKET THAT WILL MAKE THIS CONVERSION FOR ME? STIHL ONLY HAS THE 3/8 PICCO AVAILABLE.:confused:

Please use lowercase..

for your other question, ask Baileys, or maybe cutters Choice, they may just have it.

but for future reference, please take caps lock off before posting, in computer language thats considered yelling.

You need to replace the sprocket and the oil pump drive gear. Your cost would be 28.31 + 7.95 shipping.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
I had a 021 come in to me with 1/4 on it. I kept the bar, chain, and sprocket thinking I may try a little carving. I never did so all the 1/4 stuff is still here. I suppose someday someone will need it.

Bill

yep ,mark sent me some 1/4 bars,that i still have ..
who knows i may decide to try a little carving,,someday..if yall saw my handwriting ,,u would know how
far out,, that concept is.:)

yes, stihl does make the parts, but they are not availible in the united states. so, an canadian stihl dealer reading this, please reply (you can make sale, need a couple).

Originally posted by Bill G
I had a 021 come in to me with 1/4 on it. I kept the bar, chain, and sprocket thinking I may try a little carving. I never did so all the 1/4 stuff is still here. I suppose someday someone will need it.

Bill

cant remember what model saw that you use the sprockets from, but I set up ms210's all the time for carving with 1/4" pitch chain,

Ive got the instructions i wrote myself at work with part #s and drawings, i can get them if ya want.

Back