Need help with the 12 saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need at least two or three 3 series saws, a 372, 359 or 357,346 maybe a 55, maybe a 2100cd or an xl925, but most of all go threw them one at a time and get them running.

If they all run it is harder to justify getting a new one. Even if one is only out of gas is a good enough reason to buy another.

Weird way of saying things but if you don't have something to complain about how can you be HAPPY? Ifns' all of your saws ran POIFUCTLY Do you really need any more saws? Difficult to feed the "CAD" in a poifect environment.
Alotta wisdom here, guys! Lol

I have the capability. Just tough finding the time. I rebuilt the MS2390 myself 6 years ago and it went well. Just used junk parts and ran it too lean because I didn't know about the carb limiters, it still runs just not healthy.

I have intentions to fix every one of them. It just might take me a while. Projects sure collect easier than they complete.

The trouble with the 12 saw plan is getting all 12 saws to run I'm almost to 12 saws but now in running into trouble getting the last few running. I have 11 saws
Remington 754 x3 660x2 pl4 x2 pl5 sl4a echo cs-400 and cs-590

I have a Dolmar 5105 with an 18" and a Stihl 241 on my shelf, but my neigbor and land owner does all the felling.
All I use is an Echo 280 top handle, and I use it alot. I have a Makita 10" 043 bar on it. What a life savior that saw is.
That is what keeps the temperature in my livingroom up in the winter months.

t's getting to be so pretty I don't want to use it

You have now reached the sweet spot where absolute numbers should be put out of your mind - the Plan is what's important.

The Plan is to have more than enough "too pretty/good to use" saws sitting there ready to use, plenty of non-runners which are either complete (or completish), in pieces, in boxes, or just for spares, then an adequate supply of ugly but running saws you use to cut firewood.

Then whatever comes your way just gets added into the three general categories - saws you know you can use in the future, saws which may or may not ever get fixed, and saws you can just grab and use right now.

It's a Big Picture thing, stop worrying about minor details.

Sell the first 6 wherever, sell the 268 XPW to me, buy a 40-50cc saw, fix the 562, and get an 85+ cc saw.
Oh no no no. Sell ME the 268xpw I'm not even at 12 saws yet. I got four Dolmars, five Stihls, one CS-600P, a Craftsman branded 42cc Poulan and half of a 61 Practica so those two don't really count.

Back