Need Husky ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olyeller

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was given an old non-running Husqvarna today, no stickers left intact for model ID. I don't have my camera at home but the metal tag says L65 and the serial number is 1087776. Any ideas about what this might be? I'm taking it apart now and I'll try to post photos soon. Any help will be appreciated.

I was given an old non-running Husqvarna today, no stickers left intact for model ID. I don't have my camera at home but the metal tag says L65 and the serial number is 1087776. Any ideas about what this might be? I'm taking it apart now and I'll try to post photos soon. Any help will be appreciated.

L65 it would be.

Duh

Oh, that's what that little metal plate is on Huskys! I've never handled one; I just have the three Stihls and the Dolmar. I cleaned the Husky up, pulled the muffler and the piston and cylinder look fine, just some wear scuffing on the exhaust side skirt. Sure is a big muffler on this dude! Cylinder says Mahle. Air filter is fine and not a speck of dust had leaked into the carburetor intake area, but I did not pull the carb. Might need a carb rebuild? The spark plug looked good, malty brown and it has spark. Maybe tomorrow I can try to get it running and take some pics. Overall, I found that under the grime and sawdust this saw looks to be in running shape. I have no idea why it was parked. Maybe a bad oiler? But the chain is dirty and full of old oily sawdust. It has no chain brake. Too bad these things can't talk!

Whats that saw worth?

WOW, you were GIVEN that classic saw? thats way cool. Is there anybody out there that knows what that old husky is worth? Sounds like it belongs in a husky museum!

Hello
I recently picked up a nice L77 at a local auction. The L77 is the big brother to your L65. Pretty much the same saw, just a few minor differences. I paid $140 for it. These are awesome saws. Hope you get yours going without to much trouble.

It's running!

Hey, I got the L65 running! It will start cold, then run for one or two minutes, won't idle so I keep feeding it throttle, then it cuts out. I pulled the plug and it has spark, but won't start warm. Compression feels good. I just tried starting it again after 30-60 minutes and it fired up cold, runs for one or two minutes, then stops, same as before.

What do you think this might be? Does this model have an impulse line that might be leaking air? Fuel line looks good and soft, no gas leaking out, bar oiler pumping well. This is my first try at trouble-shooting, and now I'm stumped! This could be a good runner if I just solve this issue.

Aha! Yes, I think it's the impulse line. On the left side under the air filter cover there's a little aluminum spigot coming up out of the fuel tank, and an open hole in the Tillotson carb right next to the adjustment screws. Is this where the impulse line should be?

Back