Need McCulloch info please!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bermie

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a friend who has asked me to service a couple saws.
One is a McCulloch MAC 3200 with a 14" bar. There are two chains in a box.

Chain one has 'mini370' stamped on alternating drive links and BL on the others. 50 drive links

Chain two only has PM stamped on the cutter body. It's very much smaller in overall size of the components than the other one but not a lot longer. 80 drive links (I should actually recount it)

So what gauge is the bar?
What pitch and gauge are the chains?

Ta much!

Hi All,

I have a friend who has asked me to service a couple saws.
One is a McCulloch MAC 3200 with a 14" bar. There are two chains in a box.

Chain one has 'mini370' stamped on alternating drive links and BL on the others. 50 drive links

Chain two only has PM stamped on the cutter body. It's very much smaller in overall size of the components than the other one but not a lot longer. 80 drive links (I should actually recount it)

So what gauge is the bar?
What pitch and gauge are the chains?

Ta much!
The one stamped 370 is 3/8 low pro if the other is smaller has to be 1/4'' macs came with 3/8 low pro

Yes it's a mac bar.
So does that 3/8 low pro take a 5/32" file? Looks pretty small
Yep the 3/8 lo pro will take a 5/32 file. I wonder about your other chain you have if it is 1/4'' I would just check the saw to make sure they don't have miss mached parts say a 1/4'' sprocket on it. Some of the older little mac's had 1/4'' chain but yours should be too new for that, but if it belongs to a carver they have a thing for 1/4'':)Maybe they have a 1/4'' bar for it too.

Latest posts

Back