Need Regency R3/R9 help fellas!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thechief

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

I'm looking to surprise my dad with a stove for his shop. He is about to retire and will be spending a lot more time out there. I currently am heating my house with a Regency 2400 step top and completely love it. Burns super clean and hot. I have the opportunity to purchase a used Regency R3/R9 medium freestanding stove and I don't know anything about it. The stove must of superceded the recent series and I can't find any information on it. Is it a good heater? Air wash glass? Air tubes for secondary combustion? Is it worth $200. It's about 2 hours away and I don't want to waste my time on it if it isn't worth it. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Been runnin R-3's for 10 years now. Early 90's version. Have a steel baffle plate with a ceramic blanket. air wash system works great. I have only had routine service items on them over the years i.e. door and window gaskets, one door latch assy. and a new baffle every 3 to 5 years. Only down side for me was I needed a bigger firebox as 1.75 cf did not give me long enough burn times (24/7 user) so I sold one and kept one. They are like timex watches. Should work out A-1 for your dad's shop.

Latest posts

Back