Need some advice on how to turn this into a wood hauler!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold a car to a guy, and guess what type of trailer he came with? That's right, a mobile home frame. However, this one he lengthened so he could carry two small cars.

I took these pics for some ideas on the build.

a>

a>

a>

Oh, my trailer, it's still holding up a garage!

If you search around here you should come up with my build of a dump trailer from an old camper frame (30 footer) I cut it down on both ends. It's roughly 6 x 10 with 2 foot sides, 6 ply tires (new) and two 3500 lb axles with brakes on all. It tows great and dumps perfectly. :)
Just make sure your welds are good, if you can't be confident maybe you can find someone who will help you with them. Don't take this the wrong way as I don't know your skills and capabilities, I just don't want to see innocent people get hurt.
Enjoy and good luck, keep us posted!
dave

If you search around here you should come up with my build of a dump trailer from an old camper frame (30 footer) I cut it down on both ends. It's roughly 6 x 10 with 2 foot sides, 6 ply tires (new) and two 3500 lb axles with brakes on all. It tows great and dumps perfectly. :)
Just make sure your welds are good, if you can't be confident maybe you can find someone who will help you with them. Don't take this the wrong way as I don't know your skills and capabilities, I just don't want to see innocent people get hurt.
Enjoy and good luck, keep us posted!
dave

Found the little bugger! :hmm3grin2orange: http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/176472.htm

Nice work!

I might have to get the cutting torch out and burn a few rods!

I also saw your fork lift made out of a riding lawn mower! Some more nice work!

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/237413.htm

We're only limited by our imaginations! I run a CNC plasma cutter for a local metal fab shop. I sure wish the cutter was mine and I had a few sheets of steel to cut up.

What other things have you fabed?

Wow! Thanks for all of the responses! I haven't done a thing with the frame except to do this.:msp_w00t:

Found this guy just begging for a ride home. And that is just what I did.

If you look close, the trailer is under there. :jester:

a>

a>

a>

a>

I backed the trailer into the garage, centered it, pulled the tires off and went crazy bracing. When I got tired of bracing, I started jacking the trailer up. Either the braces would hold and the garage would rise or I would have to go with plan C or was it G? Well, the braces held, and I drove it home.

Looks like you now have an enclosed trailer!

Manyhobies, if you want some serious trailer tech and incredibly thrifty ideas.. head over the the "tow rigs and trailers" section of pirate4x4.com's forums.

Good luck! And nice truck :rock:

Well, I've always wanted a hydraulic dump trailer with a built in hydraulic log splitter. Mabe a pole of some sorts to winch in the big rounds to the splitter. Split, throw in trailer, take to wood pile, and dump. Call it a poor mans firewood processor.

Back