Need some guidance with my 026

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Intake boot is good, had that off and cleaned it up. The screen was replaced with the carb kit. I have looked at the clutch springs, not really sure how to tell if they are bad but looked ok, not broken. Next step is gonna be fully adjustable carb, ive read too much stuff saying that they are a great upgrade, even if my carb was working ok. Just waiting till i get some extra cash.

So you held the carb body up to a light and visually verified that the passage beneath was clear?

Upon reassembly, did you correctly set the metering level height? That may need a slight tweak..... We ask these questions, because they matter on how the saw runs. Do you have the Walbro tool?

In my personal experience with the same carb, I found the only solution was to put on the WT194. The saw has run like a dream ever since, and it allowed me to MM it as well. Later a dealer in my area said that some of the gas around my town has 20% ethanol and he has seen it corrode the carb bodies beyond repair. Something to look out for.

Hi. I have had similar problem in 024 stihl. The impulseline connection was dirty at cylinder end. Dealer fixed that in 15mins and since then it has worked good.

Back