Need some saw weights

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
Reaction score
I need a couple 'actual' saw weights... If you have a scale, and the saws, post the weights for me please!:)

I need the actual weight of a 6400 or 6401, locked and loaded with a 24" bar. Also the actual weight of a 5100, with a 20" bar. By locked and loaded, I mean full of oil/fuel, and ready to cut some wood.

In example: My 038AV super, weighs in at 19lbs. with a 20" bar, ready to cut.

Thanks in advance guys!!:cheers:

I need a couple 'actual' saw weights... If you have a scale, and the saws, post the weights for me please!:)

I need the actual weight of a 6400 or 6401, locked and loaded with a 24" bar. Also the actual weight of a 5100, with a 20" bar. By locked and loaded, I mean full of oil/fuel, and ready to cut some wood.

In example: My 038AV super, weighs in at 19lbs. with a 20" bar, ready to cut.

Thanks in advance guys!!:cheers:

Try this link I weighed my 7900, it’s the same weight as the 6400. Don't have a 24'' bar though.

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=62546

Yes but it will at least give him a bar park guess +/- a few ounces, it doesn’t hurt anyone to give the model # of the bar ready to go. At least they will be contributing information that was asked.

Yes but it will at least give him a bar park guess +/- a few ounces, it doesn’t hurt anyone to give the model # of the bar ready to go. At least they will be contributing information that was asked.

+/- a pound or more, with longer bars.....

+/- a pound or more, with longer bars.....

So there is a pound or more difference between 24’’ bars? Wow! I know my 7900 is heavier with the 32 than it is with the 20 and the 20’’ bar on my partner is a little heavier than the 20 on the Dolmar.

I can see a pound or more between a 14’’ and a 50’’ but not in the same size.
In any case if they tell what model # they’re using that would answer any question whether it’s a little heavy /light.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back