Need Stihl 028 Part Info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadtrees

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I want to replace the tank vent, fuel and impulse hoses on my 028 Super. Are aftermarket parts OK or should I look for
OEM? May be hard to find OEM for a 32 year old saw. What brand aftermarket should I look for? I have looked for the tank vent hose and the new ones look to have a little filter on the end instead of the original grub screws. Is this Ok? My original does not seem to have the grub screws. It is just a open hose. Is there a good part seller on this site I should check with for parts? Is stuff from HUZTL any good?

Thanks for any help I can get.

I bought 10 026 china fuel lines from ebay. Think it was 3 I tried to use, 1 made it through a partial tank of gas before the end dissolved or softened and the pick up fell off, the other 2 I think only worked about 2 minutes before the same thing happened. I don't know if the other 7 will be good for anything, probably should of threw them in the trash long time ago.

I want to replace the tank vent, fuel and impulse hoses on my 028 Super. Are aftermarket parts OK or should I look for
OEM? May be hard to find OEM for a 32 year old saw. What brand aftermarket should I look for? I have looked for the tank vent hose and the new ones look to have a little filter on the end instead of the original grub screws. Is this Ok? My original does not seem to have the grub screws. It is just a open hose. Is there a good part seller on this site I should check with for parts? Is stuff from HUZTL any good?

Thanks for any help I can get.
Avoid aftermarket lines for this and other series. Dealer is the way to go or I may have some nos lines in my recent purchase. Had an 036 line split after 1 year (ethanol free gas, not a ton of use).

Back