Need to chemically kill a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some trees, especially deciduous, even when girdled on the stump, re-sprout with a vengeance. Mulberry comes to mind.

Whatever chemical you use, be sure to read the label, it's the law.

If it's a softwood other than Coastal Redwood or Bald Cypress (not likely in WA), you're wasting your money. Generally, very few softwoods stump sprout, all others die when girdled.

Agree with Del, why do you want to kill it, but not remove it, sounds like a revenge plot!

B-Rock?

I gotta ask. How did you come about that handle?
It is rather interesting, as is your bieng rather coy about the need to chemically kill a tree.

If you kill it and leave a trunk the bark will fall off shortly anyhow. Why not just ring the thing?

We all know a surefire method for what you are after. Intent is the issue.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

This is going someplace I was not expecting. I'll head down to lowes and see what the kids there can recommend. What does my handle have to do with anything???

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?y4l0ju

It's just curious and similar to another guy.

The reason things aren't going the way you expected, is ethics.
Folks hate to provide info that is used for illegal or otherwise unethical purposes, and it has happened before.
In addition, many here have legal constraints concerning advising a non-Lisc applicator. I am sure you can appreciate the matter.

Heads up. The stuff sold at Lowes will require you visibly alter the tree in order to work in a timely manner if at all.

Are you looking to make some sort of art project of the thing that requires the bark to be intact?

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'm hoping to get this process started before it starts putting on too many leaves. I'm assuming it need to start growing before it can die. A ring would take how many years??? And then I'd have how many sprouts shooting up all over?
I'm only looking for advise nobody here is going to be selling me any chemicals. If you don't want to give the advise then that's perfectly fine. But Keep your assumptions to yourself. Move on to another thread. Thank you.

Reputable Internet forums have guidelines that do not permit discussion of illegal activities and AS is no different.

http://www.arboristsite.com/misc.php?do=page&template=Guidelines

Beyond that, the people I know here are of good conscience and would not willfully assist one in breaking the law. It is your burden to make us comfortable in helping you. We all have free will. Not addressing our concerns by not revealing more about your project is your choice. Not assisting you in doing something illegal or dangerous is our choice. Very fair, IMO.

I know how to kill Poplar trees easy n quick and also know if you do it wrong they will not die and will respond by suckering up growth from the roots all over the place like a forest as far as the roots can extend.

But ma concious says I'm gonna need to tease out the why from ya & with pictures.

Yeah, what is the intent, if you are not up to anything, then why not tell us? You say move to another thread, if you wont tell us, then it is only natural to assume that you are up to something, not trying to be a jerkface, but ya want advice, we want to know why. If this is not cool with you, then I suggest that maybe you move to another forum.

Latest posts

Back