Need to chemically kill a tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't want to give the advise then that's perfectly fine. But Keep your assumptions to yourself. Move on to another thread. Thank you.

Actually we tried to ADVISE you, but you were not forthcoming as to why you needed our ADVICE.

Knowing how to communicate is often the key to becoming enlightened.

The official A.S. badger... ©®™

Yeah PD, Why did you tell him? #### this B-rock. He wants us to answer his questions but he won't answer ours? No #### the first thing I thought was bad intent, that's just the way it is, its not paranoia, its preservation. I hope this B rock gets the boot - telling us to move on to another thread!!?? ####, this is our house jack, this ain't a free country. And PD, I am dissapointed in you.

Of all the forums I'm a member of I have never caused such an uproar as I have here. I always wondered how people get banned. Are they really that much of a prick. Guess I just found out how things can get so out of hand so fast.

Well...it goes like this:

1. While the whole dialogue points toward a surreptitious tree assassination, there is no evidence to that fact. So; nothing "illegal", nothing improper. I can imagine a whole lot of reasons for assassinating a tree that might fall outside of illegal, yet might still be desired to not advertise the cause of death. If someone asks me how to load a 357 revolver, I don't just presume that the intent is murder.

2. This forum is absolutely filled with rebels, smart-alecs, ne'er-do-wells, and know-it-alls. I am quite open minded, and don't draw offense at the rest of you guys, so why would I resent a relative newbie for wanting to keep his business to himself? Not everyone will tolerate the intense scrutiny that often comes with posting on this website.

He stated clearly his goals, and posted a legitimate question. The owner of this website enforces rules that are designed to encourage newcomers and active participation. Who am I to say that this fellow won't become a regular contributor?

3. Attempting to keep secrets is not in my nature. Even a mild effort on Google to find information on herbicides for killing trees will produce instant results. Try "best herbicide for killing trees". Given that we are not talking about any sort of secret, why all the pretense?

4. I have been paid by customers to assassinate trees myself. Morally destitute (from an Arboricultural perspective), I took the money and produced the desired result. So I am not about to get high minded about someone else.

I had good reasons, my customer had good reasons, and much like the OP, I have no interest in sharing the details with the world. I doubt, however, that the OP is licensed to do any applications of Picloram products. If he was, he probably would not have needed any advice.

I have also watched most of my peers & competitors do illegal applications. It is endemic in our trade, and I am not about to get high minded about that, either.

You never did illegal applications, you say? If you have no license, and you EVER sprayed roundup on anything but your own property, it was illegal. Did you ALWAYS have your licensed applicator do your spraying, or didn't you give the boys instructions to take the pump up sprayer and kill some weeds, or do the stump treatment themselves.

These are all examples of illegal herbicide use. I could go on for a long time about other common violations, so please don't get too proud and decide that you can police the herbicide use of the world.

Last edited:
Thank you. And I'm going to bow out of this thread and hope it can be put behind us. I do lurk a lot. Post a little. But do look forward to being an active member on this site.
I'll go search now for how to do a muffler mod on my Stihl FS90 and husky blower cuz I can't leave anything I own stock.

Thank you. And I'm going to bow out of this thread and hope it can be put behind us. I do lurk a lot. Post a little. But do look forward to being an active member on this site.
I'll go search now for how to do a muffler mod on my Stihl FS90 and husky blower cuz I can't leave anything I own stock.

Bye!!!!
Jeff

Never seen so many guys who get paid to cut down trees get upset over the idea of killing a tree :laugh:

The information is widely available on the internet via google, or any nursery or hardware store will tell you and sell you what you need.

I used glyphosate for stump/root and tree killing. It's broad spectrum, widely available, and comes in a range of concentrations. It's sold under many brand names but they all list 'glyphosate' as the active ingredient. It doesn't harm the soil and is relatively safe for humans/animals. Don't go using large amounts of it near lakes/ponds etc.

Roundup is one of the more commonly known names it's sold under but roundup is only 7g/L concentration. I generally go with whichever brand has a glyphosate concentration of 300g/L or more. Many have 360, some have 490. I apply it neat.

For stumps, you only need to poison the ring closest to the outside of the stump, not the whole stump. If you're poisoning a standing tree then just drill some holes around it - one ever couple inches of circumference is more than enough. Make the holes about 1/2" diameter and very shallow. You only need to penetrate the bark by just enough to get to the first ring.

If you're poisoning your neighbours trees don't make a video of yourself and doing it and then post it on youtube. If you're poisoning your own trees to be able to get a dead tree removal permit then drill the holes below the ground.

Shaun

Of all the forums I'm a member of I have never caused such an uproar as I have here. I always wondered how people get banned. Are they really that much of a prick. Guess I just found out how things can get so out of hand so fast.

Welcome to the world of Natzi Tree Huggers. Just to clarify where you are at. This is Arboristsite, a forum for Arborist who practice Arboriculture. Not TreeHacksite, for guys with a beer and a wild thing. Excuse us for caring about our industry. All ya had to do is tell us about your project, that you wanted advice for. The way you asked..........let me put it like this. Say your on a cop forum and you ask "How do I get hollow point's to penetrate a bullet proof vest" First question they are going to ask is why. When u wont tell us, the suspicion is naturally going to come out, just the way it is

Well...it goes like this:

1. While the whole dialogue points toward a surreptitious tree assassination, there is no evidence to that fact. So; nothing "illegal", nothing improper. I can imagine a whole lot of reasons for assassinating a tree that might fall outside of illegal, yet might still be desired to not advertise the cause of death. If someone asks me how to load a 357 revolver, I don't just presume that the intent is murder.

2. This forum is absolutely filled with rebels, smart-alecs, ne'er-do-wells, and know-it-alls. I am quite open minded, and don't draw offense at the rest of you guys, so why would I resent a relative newbie for wanting to keep his business to himself? Not everyone will tolerate the intense scrutiny that often comes with posting on this website.

He stated clearly his goals, and posted a legitimate question. The owner of this website enforces rules that are designed to encourage newcomers and active participation. Who am I to say that this fellow won't become a regular contributor?

3. Attempting to keep secrets is not in my nature. Even a mild effort on Google to find information on herbicides for killing trees will produce instant results. Try "best herbicide for killing trees". Given that we are not talking about any sort of secret, why all the pretense?

4. I have been paid by customers to assassinate trees myself. Morally destitute (from an Arboricultural perspective), I took the money and produced the desired result. So I am not about to get high minded about someone else.

I had good reasons, my customer had good reasons, and much like the OP, I have no interest in sharing the details with the world. I doubt, however, that the OP is licensed to do any applications of Picloram products. If he was, he probably would not have needed any advice.

I have also watched most of my peers & competitors do illegal applications. It is endemic in our trade, and I am not about to get high minded about that, either.

You never did illegal applications, you say? If you have no license, and you EVER sprayed roundup on anything but your own property, it was illegal. Did you ALWAYS have your licensed applicator do your spraying, or didn't you give the boys instructions to take the pump up sprayer and kill some weeds, or do the stump treatment themselves.

These are all examples of illegal herbicide use. I could go on for a long time about other common violations, so please don't get too proud and decide that you can police the herbicide use of the world.

I dunno Pd, I guess if someone asked me how to load a revolver I would be leary with regards to him having acess to something like that that he don't know how to use. And if you say you are open minded - How about you letting me poke you in the cornhole? No, I am not interested in poking you inthe cornhole, I am just sayin but I would like to know if you are still feeling open minded? Me? no, i am not feeling open minded. And if the guy wanted to keep his business to himself then he should have just done that in the first place huh?

Its just from experience ( and you agree) that when someone wants to "kill" a tree there is a good amount of shenanigans, tom foolery and monkey shines about eh? Its kinda like when you get a phone call from someone who asks " how much to cut a tree down?" Well, what is your first response to that?

Poisining trees is very common in Hawaii. The coffee farmers routinely do it to kill shading trees. Its crazy. These idiots poison huge mango trees and let the branches rot off to the trunk. Dropping huge branches in the coffee land. Then eventually the trunk falls. When? Who knows. These guys have the grandkids and everybody else picking coffee under HOME MADE WIDOWMAKERS. I put in a bid for $0 . My timber guy said he'd give me 1,700 for the 7 logs. The farmer said no they'd just let it do what it does and fall apart. I asked when? How do know its safe I asked? he didn't care.

If your asking how to kill a tree. The only answer on this website is to climb it like a MAN.

Its just from experience ( and you agree) that when someone wants to "kill" a tree there is a good amount of shenanigans, tom foolery and monkey shines about eh? Its kinda like when you get a phone call from someone who asks " how much to cut a tree down?" Well, what is your first response to that?

I get that all the time. I quickly tell them "Not a bit more than I can talk you into paying me"

They usually laugh somewhat nervously, and then I start asking them questions in a manner that they know they are talking to a professional that will do a good job, and expects to get paid for doing it. I close well over 1/2 my sales calls, but they sure aren't coming in right now. BAD economy.

Welcome to the world of Natzi Tree Huggers. Just to clarify where you are at. This is Arboristsite, a forum for Arborist who practice Arboriculture. Not TreeHacksite, for guys with a beer and a wild thing. Excuse us for caring about our industry. All ya had to do is tell us about your project, that you wanted advice for. The way you asked..........let me put it like this. Say your on a cop forum and you ask "How do I get hollow point's to penetrate a bullet proof vest" First question they are going to ask is why. When u wont tell us, the suspicion is naturally going to come out, just the way it is

You're saying that someone potentially trying to kill a cop is in the same class as someone trying to kill a tree?

let me put it like this... you're dramatic

Back