Need wiring harness, control panel for Deutz 4-cyl diesel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old CB

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
The ID plate on my chipper is gone, but it’s a Woodchuck WC-12 drum chipper, 1997?, with a Deutz 4 cylinder diesel, oil-cooled setup. I could use the control panel—start-key switch, tach, temp gauge, oil pressure, and so on—and the wiring harness behind it. If someone has a similar machine and wants to part it out, I might have other needs. But the gauges and the guts behind them would really help me out.

thanks,
CB

Thanks, Matt. After pulling the engine housing (finally) to access the engine I.D. plate on top of the valve cover, with the model and serial # in hand I've zeroed in on all the necessary info, and connected with Engine Distributors (in NJ) from whose shop this build came.

Ironically, I've got all this info just as the last trip to the mechanic--that long-suffering soul who's been working thru all the wiring issues--is nearly complete. "Needle in a haystack" is how he described solving the issues. The first guy I took the machine to disconnected some of the wiring, then quit. Which made the subsequent work so difficult.

I just looked at the Murphy site, and it sure would have simplified things. My mechanic installed a toggle switch to control the glow plugs, as they were drawing juice during operation (instead of just at startup) and sapping the charge system. It's been a long painful process, but I think we've got it ready to run right now.

Latest posts

Back