• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Needing Husqvarna 268XP serial number label/tag

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romad10

Recon Observe Mark And Destroy
Reaction score
looking for a decent condition 268XP serial number label/tag.

send pics or PM me pics.. ill pick the best of the lot :)

For when you need to cover up the stolen goods [emoji23] im JK of course. But I couldn't resist...it's just my style humor

Its all good. I thought the same thing when i posted this.

The saw is a 266se but ended up having a closed port 268xp topend on it. So i figured id get a decal kit from Joe @ SC Supply for it.. But need a 268xp serial number plate. Its got a blue Eliminator top and K&N filter on it as well.. Runs great.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

If you would like to sell one for a 272XP I will take one. I tried to find one here a few months ago but no one offered one up. And no, my saw isn't stolen either - just had a hard life.

Thanks,
Chris

I don't know if I have a complete, good case for 272 as most of mine are from smashed saws. However, if I find a 268 case with a good tag, I can remove the tag and then sell you the case.

Thanks Jacob J. but I already have a good case. I was looking for a 272XP serial/I.D. tag for it. When I bought the saw 20 years ago the tag was half off it and beat so I removed it and tossed it. It's not important, but the older I get, the less I cut, and the more I want my saws to look good.

be very careful in regards to serial numbers guys, it is a federal crime to swap a serial number on any item which is sold with one
even a Stihl dealer may not swap a serial number to a different item, if a crankcase is replaced it is given a modified serial number at the dealer to denote the swap
same statues apply as changing the serial number on a car or a firearm

nothing at all wrong with buying or selling a case or case half for any reason
Dave

Well .gov certainly likes to be in control of these supposedly free countries. Having said that, the chainsaw police don't exactly paralyze me with fear. If it gets to bothering me too much, I will just buy a case half and swap the tag.

Ill take my chances. How does the gov handle the illegal chinese knock off 365s that are flooding the usa that all have the same serial number????? I know fleabay cares less and are glad that these knock off saws are being sold.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

be very careful in regards to serial numbers guys, it is a federal crime to swap a serial number on any item which is sold with one
even a Stihl dealer may not swap a serial number to a different item, if a crankcase is replaced it is given a modified serial number at the dealer to denote the swap
same statues apply as changing the serial number on a car or a firearm

nothing at all wrong with buying or selling a case or case half for any reason
Dave
so i suppose next we cant grind the serial numbers off guns or cars/trucks either ? o_O lol...

actually NJ court ruled that it is not a crime to remove serial numbers from firearms.

Back