New 346 xp ne kicks butt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcg

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Yee hah! You boys steered me right. Just ran a tank through her and I had a blast. Feels light, nimble and cuts like you read about.
My first real good saw and it just makes the work near fun.
I did buy some Labonville chaps and some new steel toe all leather from Red Wing.
As I've gotten older, I've gotten more careful--especially since loosing an index finger to the first knuckle. Anyway--thanks for all the feedback and such.

Time to read the manual.
:)

Ya we know . . .

Yee hah! You boys steered me right. Just ran a tank through her and I had a blast. Feels light, nimble and cuts like you read about.
My first real good saw and it just makes the work near fun.
I did buy some Labonville chaps and some new steel toe all leather from Red Wing.
As I've gotten older, I've gotten more careful--especially since loosing an index finger to the first knuckle. Anyway--thanks for all the feedback and such.

Time to read the manual.

Now we need pics!!!!!! Congratulations on a great saw.

Al :clap::clap:

I agree! It's a handy little saw that just screams in delight!!! Enjoy, it get's better the more you empty the tank. :clap: :chainsaw:

Shoot--dunno if I could handle it.
You guys appeal to my 'toolmindedness' in a big way.
Just came back in from running her for a bit more and I can barely stand not going back out again, but I need to pace myself ya know.

Got the muffler modded and the limiter caps trimmed yet?:cheers:

Ya see what you and Lee went and did, Bill.
I'll have Toni take a picture of us in action after a while.
Wait till you see my 'yarder'.
Its an old two-cycle golf cart with a bed in back that I can get near a 1/4 cord into. I've got all-terrain type tires on it and it works great for hauling the firewood from the woods to the house.

Way to go, John!!

Pictures, please!

What's Ax Men?

RUN!!! RUN AWAY NOW!!! You keep hanging around here, you're going to end up with more saws than you ever thought possible.

The clear indication that you're now hooked was when you said, "My first real good saw and it just makes the work near fun." Indeed, that's the deal around here. You start using good saws and cutting wood turns into entertainment and saws become a hobby. Me, I've gotten to where I look forward more to running my saws than pulling out the guns when we go to the hunting camp.

Oh, and Ax Men is a series on the History Channel about guys who use saws for a living, although the producer must have given potential candidates IQ tests as part of the selection process--and picked those who scored in the 60 IQ range!

Ya see what you and Lee went and did, Bill.
I'll have Toni take a picture of us in action after a while.
Wait till you see my 'yarder'.
Its an old two-cycle golf cart with a bed in back that I can get near a 1/4 cord into. I've got all-terrain type tires on it and it works great for hauling the firewood from the woods to the house.

Actually, it sounds more like a forwarder, that golf cart.

:cheers:

One of the things that I am impressed with is how quickly and smoothly it goes from full throttle to idle.
BTW--I decided to go with the Husky brand bar/chain oil.

Since Mobile 1 is no longer making that pre-mix oil, what is the best synthetic to replace it?

One of the things that I am impressed with is how quickly and smoothly it goes from full throttle to idle.

More important is that they rev up really fast - and that is exactly what they do (if adjusted properly)! :)

The PS-5100S revs higher, but revs up much slower + ime the NE346xp is marginally faster in the cut as well + the 346 is lighter and handles much better (most important difference).

The 346xp is well worth 100+USD more than the 5100, IMO - but they both are very good saws. :clap::clap:

Last edited:
Yup==I don't know to compare those two saws, but my impression is that this sucker does indeed rev up real fast.
I brought the saw across to Dan and he was working in his log yard and prepping some big stuff to load on the log truck. He started up my 346 and just flat zinged through some ends that just about ate that 18" bar.
Dan grinned and then did a couple more.
"Real nice", says Dan--"that will do you real good"

So, how do you do that muffler mod?

Yup==I don't know to compare those two saws, but my impression is that this sucker does indeed rev up real fast.
I brought the saw across to Dan and he was working in his log yard and prepping some big stuff to load on the log truck. He started up my 346 and just flat zinged through some ends that just about ate that 18" bar.
Dan grinned and then did a couple more.
"Real nice", says Dan--"that will do you real good"

So, how do you do that muffler mod?

Who is Dan?

Latest posts

Back