New 35ton DHT on the way :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue66

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well, I made up my mind.....Placed the order this afternoon. :clap: It was a tough one but I decided on the biggest and baddest, LOL. I have experience with 5" cyl splitters and was afraid to downsize in power. A lot of hours on timberwolf TW-5 and a lot of hours on central hydraulics H/V (harbor freight) neither mine.....And the DHT will be a bit faster than the average 5"cylinder H/V with it's bit bigger gpm pump.
The 28ton would have the speed of the timberwolf but it takes 3 of us to run that thing hard and If I ever stuck the 28ton I'd be saying, dang it.....Should got the big one! LOL :D More info to follow as the splitter arrives!
Funny twist to the story, I have a brand new Speeco 35ton in the crate I bought 2 weeks ago. Never assembled it because I knew about the DHT's but the Speeco was an impulse buy on sale, etc. etc. I researched and researched and my wife thinks I am nutz, but now have a 35t DHT on the way. The DHT has several features that make it the winner in my eyes....... So in a few days I will have 2 freekin splitters in my shop, LOL. And the Speeco will be getting returned or on craigslist and the DHT will be staying. :chop:
I love my buddies TW-5 but it certainly is not in my budget nor do I process enough wood to justify it.

Was a pleasure dealing with DHT in all my questions. Sure is nice to be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone. Hopefully I can post pictures of "my" 35 ton in a few days! The one below I stole off of here :)
So for now, I have to wait on the big truck to bring the big box :popcorn:

Congrats man! I'm sure you'll love it.

If you have access to basic machine tools, whip yourself up a return trip setup. I love the one I made. If you cut consistent length logs, it shaves a couple seconds off each split.

dht_autoreturn-trip3.jpg

Thanks ttyr2.... I am definitely going to build one. Unless the dht one is out before I get to it. LoL...also going to get a 4 way for it. Should be good for anything I can throw at it. I really like the speed of the 28 ton. But for some reason I always seem to end up with all the big stuff nobody wants to deal with. That and I split and save everything, even the big uglies. It all makes heat :)
I liked the idea of the taller wedge and footplate also. I couldn't believe how little the 22-28 tons are compared to that big ole 35t Speeco I have, lol. I am sure the. 28t would have gotten the job done, but like I said earlier I have never used anything less than a 5" dia ram splitter. Maybe I should get a 28 ton DHT too! Or just a little 22 for the little stuff, lol!

Latest posts

Back