New 361...but no rsc3 chain in stock!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gatsby174

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well I just got back from my local dealer with a 361 out the door for 598 (da** the 8.25% tax!) and a 18" b/c. My dealer hasn't gotten any 18" loops or rolls of the rsc3 chain in. the only rsc3 he had was what came with 20" bars already on saws. He also said he doesn't know when he can get it in either :dizzy: I really wanted to try some of this new chain since it's supposed to be good and lots of guys on here like it. Sooooo, anyone know where I can pick some rsc3 chain up in western NY? I tried ebay, but there isn't any rsc3 chain there either :(.

By the way any stihl guru's know how you order the 361 with heated handles? I don't need them, but there is a place on my saw for the switch, but the perforation was never punched out for the toggle switch. I didn't notice any "arctic" packages listed on the stihl web site either? What's up?
JC

My 361 is a "W", but as far as I know, they are not available in the US.
Mine is made in Germany, while the US ones are made at Virginia Beach, USA.
The German ones have a bit more power than the US ones, and there are the "W" with heated handles, and the "VW" (or is it WV) that also has a heated carb. The heat will add .2 kg to the weight - so if you don't need it, stay away (I need it).

If they don't have RSC3, ask for RSC or the old RS....:)

I got RS on the 18" and my saw does have the heated carb, just not the heated handles. That doesn't make sense to me, but it must make sense in stihl world...

Gatsby174 said:
I got RS on the 18" and my saw does have the heated carb, just not the heated handles. That doesn't make sense to me, but it must make sense in stihl world...
We're not talking about the same carb heating - they all have provition for letting heated air from the cylinder area into the carb area, but the WV has an electrically heated carb.....

Btw, I have used the 361W and the 353G down to about minus 20 centigrades, and have never missed electrically heated carbs......:rockn:

Buy a 20 inch chain and have him punch it back to 18...

or.. Skip the RSC3 and just put on the RS... or RSC

What chain did you get with the saw?

I got RS with the saw. I'll need to pick up a couple more chains since all my other saws either run 16" or 20". Should I get some RS chains now or wait until he gets RSC3? Also, is the oil adjustment only a screw and not an orange dial adjustment? Thanks,
JC

SawTroll said:
Btw, I have used the 361W and the 353G down to about minus 20 centigrades, and have never missed electrically heated carbs......:rockn:

Ouch, that is COLD!!! It's gotten to about -20F around here, but that's rare. We're usually around 0 F in the winter... I have never had a problem with a saw without the heated carb. In my opinion, it's just another thing that can go wrong!
JC

Gatsby174 said:
I got RS with the saw. I'll need to pick up a couple more chains since all my other saws either run 16" or 20". Should I get some RS chains now or wait until he gets RSC3? Also, is the oil adjustment only a screw and not an orange dial adjustment? Thanks,
JC

Just get RS - cuts better than RSC3. RSC (not RSC3) has replaced the RS so I guess he has old stock.

Orange dials went out about 20 year ago..

Latest posts

Back