New 365 with ported big bore kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Al.
What other work has been done to the top end on this saw? Has the base been machined to suit the pop up? It cuts nicely too in wood that hard.

Nice Al, but I got a question. That intake port is lovely, nice great big 'gulp factor' upon opening - however, I notice that the carb/manifold on the other end of it will only feed about 1/3 of of the opening in the jug - so, like, where did you hide the extra carb to feed that port?

Yep. It's off this saw, temporarily.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PswQ_uxiBuI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm hurt Al, that cut deep. Rick just rang me crying as well. Please think of other people's feelings before posting such careless comments.

But yeah, if I was misunderstood Al did port that top end :cheers: I've run his self modded 371XP and can say one thing for sure, this hillbilly knows his stuff :cheers:

sniff.

At least you have a name, I'm just 'sidekick'...... :cry:

Yeah right you two...........never see me do this in your threads! :hmm3grin2orange:

Al.
What other work has been done to the top end on this saw? Has the base been machined to suit the pop up? It cuts nicely too in wood that hard.

Nah mate, just the piston. The kit going on this saw will have to be machined though.

Nice work Al! it cuts really well too ;)

Onya Rudy. :msp_thumbup:

I fitted a ported big bore kit Bailey's barrel and meteor piston to a new 365.
My intentions are to eventually fit a complete aftermarket kit ported to this saw.
It's only had a rough tune at this stage and in the video I'm cutting Yellowbox which is one of our tough hardwoods.
I'll get another video in the next day or two as I was running out of daylight.

DSCF3211.jpg

DSCF3212.jpg

DSCF3213.jpg

DSCF3214.jpg
Yellowbox? I had an Asian girlfriend with one of those back in highschool. lol

Well, I tried cleaning up one of those barrels (Matt sent over a couple of used BB barrels) and it's cactus from trying to clean it up. I'll try and give the second one go tomorrow.

Anyone know if we can get and where some muriatic/hydrocloric acid? Haven't needed to clean up cyl before.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back