New 372XP: can you suggest a builder?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JCmech said:
Looking to have a strong woods saw made of this new 372. Can anyone suggest a builder of high repute? Thanks
There are many, check around here with the search feature you'll find numerous names mentioned.

Seriously, use the search function or flip back a couple pages and look at recent posts. This same damned thing was discussed last week, just as it was the week before and so on.

Plus, all that ever happens when this topic comes up is that it becomes a silly pissing match and bulider-bash. There are lots of posts that should give you a sense of who you should talk to about building your saw.

Dave Neiger is the closest builder to you, and has a stellar reputation. I have several saws done by ehp...and they are awesome.

To be honest, you are better off building the saw yourself even if you're only mechanical by the wildest stretch of your imagination.
Here's the downside, the builder will do diddley squat to you saw, swap out new parts for used. Won't send you the saw, Fuk around and procrastinate for 18 months before they send you the saw, if at all. Then if you get the saw it's more retarded then it was when it was stock.
The good side is you will meet a few great people and develope a few great friendships, but for the most part, 60% of them are culls and only want your money.
Don't make the mistake of being anyones PR man because that means you'll get jammed even more.
The only saw builders I can recommend that I have had anything to do with are Dave Neiger, Ken Dunn and Dennis Cahoon.
However, I cannot vouche for the other builders here who I have never tried, but if I was new on the block and needed a builder for the first time on this side of the border, I would definately try Simon or Walkers.
There's nothing mysterious about building your own worksaw, some are just faster than others. Worksaws are not ********, but worksaws are used for racing and that is fun.
I hope this doesn't turn into a pissing match, but the hayday and goldrush of the internet saw builder is largely over.

John

SawTroll said:
:laugh: :laugh: I don't think that has any impact on the quality of their work. At least Ed Heard should be easy enough to find.....:rockn:

You are correct in that. I didn't mean to imply that their work was substandard just because the management decided to boot them.

I haven't got any personal experience with any of them.

Allan.K said:
Only....Ed Heard....:cheers:

Ok I'm not saying Eds woods saw don't run "OK".......
Holly @#%! they should after all hes "suppose to be" a world class hot saw builder he should be able to port a woods saw don't you think?????
But in a reality their are just so may thing you can do to a woods saw and still make it it dependable. Like it has been said if you own a few of the basic tools you to can make a good woods saw yourself and save all the BS that some like to sell.:greenchainsaw:
Has any one else noticed that its easy to make ones saws look good when their the only ones there? And if so happens that some one shows up with a odd bullit saw and dose good they must be cheating :cry:

But if you feel uncomfortable doing your own I would recommend Ken Dunn, Dave Neiger, John Lambert or Dennis Cahoon ( not sure if Dennis dose to many woods ports i think he builds the fast stuff mostly) or Simon

I have saws from Dan Henry and Dave Neiger. Both delivered substantial gains in performance.

Simonizer said:
I build a really fast 372 but it is expensive. I only mod a brand new saw. You will get your stock piston back. Cheers.

Expensive....Yes! Fast.....hahahahaha! He builds worksaws....Simon doesn't know what fast is! He's never won a saw race that I know of! :cheers:

And.....don't get caught up in the BS and the saw smuggling game....and lose your saw with Headturd and jokers. :cry: Hahahahaha!

Latest posts

Back