New 390xp in the fleet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked compression with about 2 mins run time. Not in wood yet, getting itchy.

155psi

Some dawgs for the 390

The shorter of the two sets are the same as the large factory felling dawgs on my 372xpw and the longer ones, well we'll just see how they look on the saw they are almost an inch longer! Gotta protect the muffler mod Im gonna do.

Stainless steel always looks cool!

attachment.php

I love my 390. Considered a 395, but I hardly run a bar longer than 28 so opted for the 390 - never looked back....

Congrats on the new 390! I truly regret seling my 2188. It was a real mistake letting it go. (thought i needed a silvey grinder...hahaha) They run great stock, and are a real animal ported, from what I have ran. No doubt you will love that saw!

The 390's are great saws. I have two, both modded, and they are excellent. The 395's have more grunt but by all accounts that only seems to become evident on longer bars and I hate outboard clutches on larger saws where you may change between a 7 pin or 8 pin rim in the field depending on what you're cutting and intended bar length to be used. Of course you can always just stick with a 7 pin :)

Congrats on the new 390! I truly regret seling my 2188. It was a real mistake letting it go. (thought i needed a silvey grinder...hahaha) They run great stock, and are a real animal ported, from what I have ran. No doubt you will love that saw!

Believe I got my hands on said 2188 last Saturday. Very nice saw, Josh is a kid in a candy store.

That was a good running 2188. I bet Josh is loving it over the 2095. It is quite a bit lighter. I like the 390/2188 about the best of any medium saw out there.

That was a good running 2188. I bet Josh is loving it over the 2095. It is quite a bit lighter. I like the 390/2188 about the best of any medium saw out there.

I agree and it may well be my next new saw :rock:

They run real strong with a little port work and getting the squish down.

What kind of squish do these have factory, my 372xpw was really high factory something like .045.

Rick

Tryin out some Dawgs that I made. Made a couple different sizes, Obviously the long ones are a little long and for looks but here are some pics.

Rick

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back