New 60cc saw advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would Not trade this Tennessee corn feed heifer for any other 60cc saw!!! Thanks Randy! :D

View attachment 626693

I'm glad you like it Don. I didn't mention the 357/359 in my post earlier because they aren't as common as they once were. But yeah.......definitely a "top of the heap" model.

I really love the 6100. So much so that I got one for myself.
That's good to hear. I've only run about 5 tanks through mine so far. I like it a lot. I've never had much use for the 55 to 60cc saws because I have a 346 and a Jonsered 2065. I bought this Dolmar 6100 to replace the 2065. I wish I could've run them side by side.

I have my 590 because me dealer pointed me away from a 362. Only parts I really wish it had from the 620 is the coil and carb. Being ported it could use some more carb and the unlimited coil with more advance couldn't hurt but there pricey.

Whats up with the carb? looking at the ipl it is showing they both have the HAD-268????? I know they show a different P/C. Wasn't aware of the coil until you mentioned it.

Whats up with the carb? looking at the ipl it is showing they both have the HAD-268????? I know they show a different P/C. Wasn't aware of the coil until you mentioned it.

590/600 should have 268. Believe the older 600's had a different number carb as well.
Cs620 has a hda 316

Slightly larger venturi than the 268 carbs.

Believe the 590/600 show different part # for the cylinder as well. 600 has slightly better port timings.

620 has the best timed cylinder of the bunch. And a dual ring piston.

590/600 coil is limited to 13.5k
620 coil is unlimited and about 8* more timing advance.

590/600 should have 268. Believe the older 600's had a different number carb as well.
Cs620 has a hda 316

Believe the 590/600 show different part # for the cylinder as well. 600 has slightly better port timings.

Is there an easy carb swap for the 590 that's not the $80 620 carb?

Cs620 has a hda 316

Interesting, I haven't found anything different between the 590/600 other than handle, side cover and rim/drum. Will be interested in seeing what all you show.

Is there an easy carb swap for the 590 that's not the $80 620 carb?

Not really. The 620 carb is only .8mm larger venturi.. best mod is the nozzle swap on the stock carb for full tuneability.

I would invest in the coil before the carb.

Interesting, I haven't found anything different between the 590/600 other than handle, side cover and rim/drum. Will be interested in seeing what all you show.

The 600's I have seen have the same plastic clutch cover. And plastic handles. I have seen some with metal handles not sure if they were older or newer models though.

Only thing my 2 600s have different than the 590's were rim drum, and decals.

Knowing what I do now just shop around for a 620 if you ever think about modifying the saw. 620 with a muffler mod, and the carb nozzle swapped out will run real similar to a ported 590....

Have you looked threw the cs620p info thread there's lots of good info there.

Red97 it seems that Echo was all over the place on them (cs-600). Some have had the mag side cover, some have had the metal handle. I'm wondering if maybe when they ran low on certain parts they sub'd the other parts on to get the saws out the door when manufacturing them. Looking around on some of the vids you can also see the 620's with several different bars on them, I have seen them with Echo labeled Tsumura/Sugihara and what I believe to be Oregon bars as well.

I know I had a devil of a time finding a Sugi bar for the 590. Ended up having to order it from the other side of the pond. Seems the only mounts you can find the Sugi bars in the US are Stihl and Husky. Did your 600's have a bar with replaceable tips? My 590 came with a Lam bar.

Red97 it seems that Echo was all over the place on them (cs-600). Some have had the mag side cover, some have had the metal handle. I'm wondering if maybe when they ran low on certain parts they sub'd the other parts on to get the saws out the door when manufacturing them. Looking around on some of the vids you can also see the 620's with several different bars on them, I have seen them with Echo labeled Tsumura/Sugihara and what I believe to be Oregon bars as well.

I know I had a devil of a time finding a Sugi bar for the 590. Ended up having to order it from the other side of the pond. Seems the only mounts you can find the Sugi bars in the US are Stihl and Husky. Did your 600's have a bar with replaceable tips? My 590 came with a Lam bar.

They may have swapped parts at the factory.

Bought my saws without bars.

For bars I just use the stihl mount with some adaptors. File the chain adjuster peg round, slide on the adaptors. Use stihl mount bars and dl count.

Last one I turned some round bushings and pressed em on the studs that way I don't have to worry about losing them.

60 cc saw almost never use . For me there so in between ,I grab a 50 and 70 cc saw about every time to cut fire wood .
I've always thought that too. I bought a saw in this category and I am warming up to it. But I have a real hard time leaving the 346 in the truck.

I agree. A 346 and a strong 60cc do it all here. Truck don't go to the woods without a 346xp. :)

My grandson wanted to let our neighbor borrow his Husqvarna 55. I reminded him that letting inexperienced users borrow a saw was never a good idea. I then suggested just giving him the 55.

After thinking it over a few minutes, Jonathan decided to do that. After all, he reasoned, he had several other saws.

So, he spun up a new chain, dressed the bar, and gave the saw a good cleaning. Then he walked it over and passed it on.

I was really proud of him. In my mind he'd made an intelligent, and heartfelt decision.

When he got back, I gave him a 346XP that was ported by none other than the world famous @wigglesworth.

Needless to say, he loves his new 346.

Back