New and "new" Husky chainsaws in 2012 catalog (Norway).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SawTroll

Information Collector
Reaction score
I finally got hold of a 2012 Norwegian catalog, and there are some slightly surpricing more or less new models listed:

- The 562xp/xpg is now listed in addition to the 560xp/xpg - maybe there is hope that the other way around will happen in the US?

- The T540xp is listed (as last year), but still no release date or other signs that it actually is availiable.

- The 570 is listed with AutoTune, so it apparently isn't a "dead" model (but should have been). :msp_razz:

- The 460 Rancher is listed (wasn't here before), but now with 64cc 3.0kW (vs. 2.7) and Autotune. The 455 is also listed as AT.

- Totally new is the 465 Rancher, also 64cc, but 3.2kw. Another AutoTune.

- Other totally new models are the 135 and 140 (recycled model number). They more or less look like the 435/440, but are listed with a little more weight and less power. My guess they are the ultimate el-cheapo POS models, and likely made in China???:msp_confused:

Last edited:
interesting they are using a 100 series model number, I would have thought that the new models would have higher number identifier just like they did with the 400 and 500 series models

interesting they are using a 100 series model number, I would have thought that the new models would have higher number identifier just like they did with the 400 and 500 series models

I see your point, but the 1xx series now was "free" to be used again. Those numbers go in "circles", sort of - and this is the fourth time around with 1xx .....

Think I read somewhere that the small husqvarna says are actually made by poulan factories. wouldnt surprise me since poulan is now husky and the whole conglomerate of other companies.

Think I read somewhere that the small husqvarna says are actually made by poulan factories. wouldnt surprise me since poulan is now husky and the whole conglomerate of other companies.

The very cheapest Huskys has been made by Poulan since around 1990, and Poulan is one of the many brands that Husky owns.
They have stated that they were to move some production from the US to China though - and this may be the first result of that. Keep in mind that it is a guess so far though, based on said statement.

great post,good info BUT.....i fail to see why any saw manufacturer would release so many saws so near in displacment,only thing i feel it does sometimes is confuse customer,even husqvarna here i am a big fan BUT i feel they have far too many saws and it makes it hard to choose,i know all the reasons xp saws,pro grade,home owner class,then cheap of the cheap such as the ones you mentioned at the end,this IS a GOOD thing to have these differnt classes of COURSE,BUT as i say,it anoys me that....ok so i will put it this way,you got a .61 husky now the 365sp is a major upgrade from that old saw and can take a bar up to 28" long,more than enough for me,not of course you can understand loggers requiring larger saws to pull larger bars,so anything bigger maybe a 90cc saw would suffice or even 80cc would be the next upgrade logicly anyway,now you got here alone in the 60-70cc class the 365,the 570 and the 372 xp,now i know there is more even in this class but just to mention those 3 chainsaws,the 365 should cover this class,i know it's logical to keep producing older saws sometimes so you have the choice,but those 3 i mentioned are fairly new saws with litterly nothing seperating them apart in terms of cc,power ok so you may have one with a differnt type of chain tensioning system,this is just stupid and as i say can sometimes only confuse customers in their choice of saws, to be honest any normal person will just go for the most modern version in the 70cc class,i choose the 365sp when i got mine.

now you got the same thing happening in the 60cc class,far too many saws with nothing mecaniclly worth mentioning seperating them apart from one another,it's sort of anoys me to be honest..... i don't see the point.

then you can look at all the others saws available and scratch your head in the other cc classes :dizzy:

i say there should be ONE new saw realised in each class with all the modd cons and leave it at that.not around 6 saws in the same cc class with little to nothing to tell them apart from each other!!

i know we all have differnt opinions on this but this is mine

:msp_wink:

Last edited:
<blockquote>Last edited by logger 12345; Today at 03:20 PM. Reason: grammer error</blockquote>

No kidding!

great post,good info BUT.....i fail to see why any saw manufacturer would release so many saws so near in displacment, .....

Availiable money varies, as do priorities and preferences - I assume. I am sure they wouldn't do it, if they didn't think there were money to earn! :msp_wink:

I finally got hold of a 2012 Norwegian catalog

Finally get this years mail or did you do your bi-annual trek into civilization?

North pole jokes aside, I wait for the day I can visit a place within the arctic circle. I envy where you live. I really do...

I live on a river, on a few acres, on a dead end, so I am not complaining, just dreaming a bit...

Finally get this years mail or did you do your bi-annual trek into civilization?

North pole jokes aside, I wait for the day I can visit a place within the arctic circle. I envy where you live. I really do...

I live on a river, on a few acres, on a dead end, so I am not complaining, just dreaming a bit...

I is mostly a very nice place to be, but there actually is civilization here - just was a bit sloppy about getting that catalog earlier.... :msp_ohmy:

I think Niko is talking about the possibility of us getting the 560xp. the small filter cover looks sharper to me... Russ

I finally got hold of a 2012 Norwegian catalog, and there are some slightly surpricing more or less new models listed:

- The 562xp/xpg is now listed in addition to the 560xp/xpg - maybe there is hope that the other way around will happen in the US?

- The T540xp is listed (as last year), but still no release date or other signs that it actually is availiable.

- The 570 is listed with AutoTune, so it apparently isn't a "dead" model (but should have been). :msp_razz:

- The 460 Rancher is listed (wasn't here before), but now with 64cc 3.0kW (vs. 2.7) and Autotune. The 455 is also listed as AT.

- Totally new is the 465 Rancher, also 64cc, but 3.2kw. Another AutoTune.

- Other totally new models are the 135 and 140 (recycled model number). They more or less look like the 435/440, but are listed with a little more weight and less power. My guess they are the ultimate el-cheapo POS models, and likely made in China???:msp_confused:
where is the 550xp? that is one model i want to try out.

where is the 550xp? that is one model i want to try out.

Good question, but it has been out here for a while, so it isn't really new. The same is the case with the 545(the non-xp version, with no revboost, replacing the 353).

There is no mention on the 543xp though, which surpriced me a bit. Last time I looked, the Swedish website stated august 2012, fall 2012, or something like that though.

Latest posts

Back