New and "new" Husky chainsaws in 2012 catalog (Norway).

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- Other totally new models are the 135 and 140 (recycled model number). They more or less look like the 435/440, but are listed with a little more weight and less power. My guess they are the ultimate el-cheapo POS models, and likely made in China???:msp_confused:
Yes & No.

For several years the 235 and 240 have been here in the USA and both fit your description of little less power and little more weight than the 435/440. Also less $$$.

My take is that the 135/140 are cheaper even than the 235/240 in all respects. Perhaps India, getting expensive to make things in China. ;)

Thanks for the Norway update.

Yes & No.

For several years the 235 and 240 have been here in the USA and both fit your description of little less power and little more weight than the 435/440. Also less $$$.

My take is that the 135/140 are cheaper even than the 235/240 in all respects. Perhaps India, getting expensive to make things in China. ;)

Thanks for the Norway update.

Mine is the same, except the India part, and this year both POS options (1xx and 2xx) are listed - but I suspect that won't last very long. My dealer has refused to stock the 2xx saws, and I am confident that he also will with the 1xx ones.

It remains to see where the 1xx saws really are made though, but I don't really care - and strongly dislike that Husky is putting there own brand name on them, when they own so many other brands/brand names....:msp_mad:

These are the models that Zog and I are interested in. 536 LiXP and T536 LiXP (top handle) expected to be released first in Europe:

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/183354.htm

Philbert

I just looked, and they aren't listed - whatever that means....

Edit; They are on the website though, with a price - most of the other news aren't yet, except those 1xx series ones.

Last edited:
Back at a dealers meeting in December we were told that the 570 would switch to autotune and that 455/460 was getting a major update including autotune and the addition of the 465 but the 135/140 is news to me. If they are indeed a detuned version of the 435/440 series then they are a major improvement over the 235/240 series. We finally got invoiced for our first shipment of the 562XP's yesterday and should have them instock tomorrow so they have finally arrived in Canada. Who knows how long we will have to wait for the 545/550XP.

Mine is the same, except the India part, and this year both POS options (1xx and 2xx) are listed - but I suspect that won't last very long. My dealer has refused to stock the 2xx saws, and I am confident that he also will with the 1xx ones.

It remains to see where the 1xx saws really are made though, but I don't really care - and strongly dislike that Husky is putting there own brand name on them, when they own so many other brands/brand names....:msp_mad:

The 2xxx series saws are being sold here in Germany at reduced prices, probably ready for a model change.
geoff.

:cheers:

Have to agree, what with Poulan and Mac and Jred and ??? Seems to only cheapen the Husky brand.

One could easily argue that any of the plastic crankcase saws should not be Husky branded and reserve the brand for pro only.

Too much money to be made with the cheap husky's. It numbs my mind how many home owners buy a 455,435 ect. and think they have the same quality as the Xp saws.

where is the 550xp? that is one model i want to try out.

I spoke with a Husqvarna rep last weekend at a local dealer event and he eluded to the 550xp being available in US in aprox November or a little later. I also got to see and run a 562xp for the first time. I immediately noticed how slim and trim this saw is for a 60+cc saw. Very fast and very good handling and super responsive!! I was blown away............:after_boom:

Too much money to be made with the cheap husky's. It numbs my mind how many home owners buy a 455,435 ect. and think they have the same quality as the Xp saws.

All the major brands make saws at all quality levels by now. They have to, to keep the market share up, and survive.;)

I spoke with a Husqvarna rep last weekend at a local dealer event and he eluded to the 550xp being available in US in aprox November or a little later. I also got to see and run a 562xp for the first time. I immediately noticed how slim and trim this saw is for a 60+cc saw. Very fast and very good handling and super responsive!! I was blown away............:after_boom:

That is how the 560xp/562xp are, no doubt about that! :msp_biggrin:

353/346 saws are on the way out. If you want one (in the states anyway) buy it NOW. And I mean NOW. :rock:

460 Rancher II 465 Rancher II
Motor
Cylinder displacement, cu.in/cm3 3.91/64,1 3.91/64,1
Cylinder bore, inch/mm 1.93/49 1.93/49
Stroke, inch/mm 2.07/34 2.07/34
Idle speed, rpm 2700 2700
Power, kW/hp @ rpm 3,0/4,1 @ 9000 3,2/4,4 @ 9600
Emissions Durability Period according to California Air

Ignition system
Spark plug NGK BPMR 7A/Champion RCJ7Y/ Husqvarna HQT-1
Electrode gap, inch/mm 0.02/0,5

Fuel and lubrication system
Fuel tank capacity, US pint/litre 0.93/0,44 0.93/0,44
Oil pump capacity at 9,000 rpm, ml/min 6-17 6-17
Oil tank capacity, US pint/litre 0.68/0,32 0.68/0,32
Type of oil pump Adjustable Adjustable

Weight -
without bar or chain,
empty tanks, lb/kg 13.4/6,1 13.4/6,1

Chain/bar
Recommended bar lengths, inch/cm 15-24/38-61 15-24/38-61
Pitch, inch/mm 3/8 / 9,52 3/8 / 9,52
Drive sprocket type/teeth Spur/7 Rim/7
Chain speed at max. power, m/sec 20,0 21,4

The above is from the US website - it got a bit untidy (and I can't fix that after pasting it here), but you should still be able to read it.....

Recommended max bar in Norway is 20" on the 460 II, 24" on the 465 II.

Last edited:
353/346 saws are on the way out. If you want one (in the states anyway) buy it NOW. And I mean NOW.

Hard to see a classic go by the wayside. Buy em now. Put them up in the attic, still in the box. 10 years from now, post them as NOS for all the nostalgia freaks ('remember when real chainsaws had carburetors and ran on gasoline mix?)

Philbert

I did see in the US husky catalog a Techlite bar for the small climbing saws, 52dl 3/8's LP.
Just something new I think.

True, they have been listed here for a while though, so I didn't think of them as news.

3/8" lo-pro in 12, 14 and 16", and not a replacable nose.

No need for a replaceable nose on those things lol just extra weight and $$$$$

Latest posts

Back