New and old saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Reaction score
I was rebuilding one of my winter projects today Pioneer - Partner 5000 before watching the :bowdown: Buckeyes kick the snot out of msu.:laugh:
But anyhow have you all noticed after you get so many saws that your wife just walks by making a wise crack about working on another saw and dont even relize its another saw added to the pack.
I just knew she would have figured out my bright orange new modded 357xp when i was tuning the carb to my mix, being I had no orange saws before hand, but noooooo she didnt catch it :laugh: . Then I broke out a friends saw to tune and I think thats what keeps us safe from the claws of death. To many saws coming and going to notice what stayed. :hmm3grin2orange: . Now to make sure she wasnt reading over my shoulder, oops i hear foot steps, got to go. Hehehe :D

Hey Cut, know the feeling all too well.
I started to collect older saws too some time ago, and as the heard keeps growing, I get veeery strange looks from the better half lately. She thinks I am struggling with midlife crisis, go figure, and I have told her many times "Hey Honey, everything 's still working fine" :hmm3grin2orange:

the small heard now includes 2 SP105, johnny 111S, Stihl 08S, Solo 635, and another 242 xpg. Just made a new shelf for many more to come. Too bad I have too little time on my hands right now.

Although I have some knowledge about two cycle engines, I would like to find some literature about tuning and diagnosing older type 2 cycle engines. I am kinda self learning type a guy, so if any has a good recommendation to make, I am all ears.
thanks

2-stroke tuners handbook by Gordon Jennings... quite old book but its must for every serious 2-stroke tuner...

Get some saws of every color and figure out how to stack them on pallet racks 3 deep. If any person ever asks "how many" shrug your shoulders and tell them that it is impolite to brag. It is also handy to buy in bulk so your wife can see the savings, just like going to Sam's Club.

Justsaws said:
Get some saws of every color and figure out how to stack them on pallet racks 3 deep. If any person ever asks "how many" shrug your shoulders and tell them that it is impolite to brag. It is also handy to buy in bulk so your wife can see the savings, just like going to Sam's Club.

Good post and reasoning....I have gotten my best deals in bulk, but never thought about it quite like that.

How bout the bucks?

Anyone got some pics of clever storage for multiple saws?

Every time I get a new saw I have a problem on what space to give up.

I would build a vertical scabbard rack that held a bunch of saws by slipping the bar in, but I've wondered about the bar oil dripping onto another saw.

saws are like guns you dont collect them you just seem to aquire them

Hang them all from wire like a large moble or wind chime:)

Cut4fun said:
I was rebuilding one of my winter projects today Pioneer - Partner 5000 before watching the :bowdown: Buckeyes kick the snot out of msu.:laugh: ............... :D

Well I am very happy it was a close game. This proves they are the 2 best teams in the nation and they should play each other in January. Thankfully Michigan retained it's #2 spot in both polls.

As for accumulating saws you simply need to bring your wife into the collection. If you slowly build her interst she will be on your side. I have not been able to accumulate the large number of saws I have without the support of my wife.

Bill

Saws

I don't think there's any other chicks out there as cool as my wifey, StihlSamantha. Dude, she encourages me to buy saws. Even says if I'm short on cash when i want one she'll chip in. What you have to explain to your wives, and this is what mine says, is you could be doing alot of other bad things. I.e. hanging out at the bars, picking up ass, spending money on booze or drugs. Buying chainsaws and working on them, at least she knows where your at and what your doing. Heck, I'm buying her another saw, she loves to go cut wood, drag logs, split. Like I said, anybody would be hard pressed to find another like her. I'm prolly the luckiest dude on earth... :cheers:

ciscoguy01 said:
I don't think there's any other chicks out there as cool as my wifey, StihlSamantha. Dude, she encourages me to buy saws. Even says if I'm short on cash when i want one she'll chip in. What you have to explain to your wives, and this is what mine says, is you could be doing alot of other bad things. I.e. hanging out at the bars, picking up ass, spending money on booze or drugs. Buying chainsaws and working on them, at least she knows where your at and what your doing. Heck, I'm buying her another saw, she loves to go cut wood, drag logs, split. Like I said, anybody would be hard pressed to find another like her. I'm prolly the luckiest dude on earth... :cheers:

Sounds good buy what has she said when you come home with 100 saws in 1 day ?

Bill

Guacamoley

Bill G said:

Bill

Tell me you didn't do that, lmao. I've gotten four this fall, and I've got 2 more on the way. She's still siked about it. I dunno, a hundred??? Eh, she wouldn't care. She ask which ones are hers, lmao...

Bill G said:

Bill

It is best to take the wife with you on days like that. The last time we did that it was a blast. She seemed to enjoy the experience as much as I did. Cannot hide a hobby and truly enjoy it.

Freakingstang said:
Good post and reasoning....I have gotten my best deals in bulk, but never thought about it quite like that.

How bout the bucks?

I no nothing of bucks.:monkey: Do they have chainsaws?:blob4: I might become interested if the game involves chainsaws. :chainsaw:

I was just kidding guys about hiding it from the wife. :laugh: She feels the same way about it as cisco said about it at least I am home and not out running the bar seen like so many do. She even told me to get whatever I need or wanted for chainsaws for Christmas. So that Opened the book at Baileys and Madsens, Lots of new stuff this week. She just thinks the modded saws are a tad pricey. But then i explained about how i used to travel with my 69 camaro and bracket race and what that used to cost and the adrenaline I used to get from racing. Well now I get and got that feeling again for first time in a long time at the Ohio spring gtg. So yes she understands and thinks its sort of funny calling me, chainsaw man. :biggrinbounce2:
Being such a great understanding wife, she got her Christmas present in the driveway Sat. Bright red 2004 Monte Carlo. Lucky 7, being we now have 7 cars. Yes I collect cars too, real pricey though. LOL

Last edited:
B_Turner said:
Anyone got some pics of clever storage for multiple saws?

Every time I get a new saw I have a problem on what space to give up.

I would build a vertical scabbard rack that held a bunch of saws by slipping the bar in, but I've wondered about the bar oil dripping onto another saw.
Here is a pic of one of my racks. I haven't had much of any trouble with bar oil dripping. Yes they drip but not enough to be a problem.
When storing on shelving I interlace two saws by sticking the bar though the front handle of opposing saw.

Latest posts

Back