New Butterfly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Wreyford

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Thumbs down!!

It is the same saddle but with a bridge like the ART Dyneema mod. A little longer than the dyneema.

Cool huh? Even says "Butterfly" on the back. Down side is leg straps no longer float. They are attached tight in the front. It is adjustable as to where you want the leg but it doesn't slide.

I suppose no difference to me since I cut that off my saddle anyhow.

There is a "Dragonfly". Just a butterfly with a bosun. Oh, it says "Dragonfly" on the back.

Anyone who was excited about the new Butterfly, don't be.

The ART saddle by Edelrid is due out SOON!!! That is what they said 12 weeks ago. I heard 3 weeks now. It is a great saddle.

i've climbed with the dragonfly, i liked it. mainly because i have been climbing with the butterfly with optional seat attachment for 2 years, and this presented a harness which i knew i liked and was less bulky than the standard butterfly with the attachment.
it was going to be my next harness based on the fact that i haven't seen anything i like better yet, but haven't seen this art saddle.
is it online anywhere?

The ART saddle by Edelrid isn't anywhere to be seen online. I did see it in store at freeworker but I think they are waiting until it is in production.

If a bosun is your ticket, I can see the Dragonfly being pretty sweet.

Nathan,

The bridge for the butterfly is available in different lengths 20/25 and 30cm i think, but don't quote me on that.

Steve,

We had the Edelrid harness at the AA Trade Show within the tree climbers forum area, awesome, been looking for a replacement for my Evolution (new model dragonfly) and the edelrid is it.

Nathan,

Sorry only just realised you in Germany, had a play with the harness at the ETCC Holland, and a friend of mine has bought one of the prototypes over to play with and provide some feedback.

i was at the aa fair coop. didn't make it to the forum area though. wish i had now.
i remember a couple of months ago seeing a black harness that might have been it, have a feeling it was on one of tom dunlaps posts if i remember rightly

I just got an email from Rob at Fresco today. He said that the Butterfly II should be in the first week of August. The first one out of the shipment goes right back out the door to me. Anyone going to pick up #2?

Tom

ok, i've been trying to find this edelrid saddle online, surely theres a pic somewhere??!!

FYI - I would be very suprised if you find a pic of the Edelrid saddle online as it is not in production. Doubt Freeworker has one on their site. You can see it if you stop by their store or catch it at a convention. At the store, they wouldn't let me take a pic of the saddle saying they want to wait until it is in production.

Edelrid make a whole line of climbing gear so it is no suprise you can find a pic of an edelrid saddle online.

This saddle is really nice. When it is out, you will know.;)

BTW - I pass mine right through the round ring. Keeps the saddle low and comfy.

Back