new chain price

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bayard

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i picked up a new chain for my 044 -24 inch. it was 25 bucks? what are you guys paying? is there a better way.make my own.kenny

I paid $12 for the last 84 dl chain I bought. It was a windsor from the dolmar dealer.

i picked up a new chain for my 044 -24 inch. it was 25 bucks? what are you guys paying? is there a better way.make my own.kenny
about the same here,30 cents or so a d/l for stihl little less for carlton or oregon.I think baileys has the oregon for about 23 but then theres shipping.

about the same here,30 cents or so a d/l for stihl little less for carlton or oregon.I think baileys has the oregon for about 23 but then theres shipping.

That'll save you almost six dollars a loop. Certainly would need to buy a few to offset the shipping. The sales tax that I save usually offsets the shipping for me. REJ2

Anything less than $20, no matter what the brand, and they can't be making any money on the deal.

Best price per DL will be around $0.15 if you buy a 100' roll, that's $12.60 for the material to make an 84 DL chain.

I'd say $25 was quite reasonable considering you had it the same day.

Mark

paid $30 bucks for a 72DL RSC chain recently. Canadian prices though. Bought some lo-pro at Baileys recently for good price. If I'm not in a hurry I'll stick with Baileys but if you want Stihl chain (the BEST chain) ya gottsta Paaayyyy!!! (in my best Tom Hall southern impersonation)

bulk chain

if i buy 100 feet of chain and the tool set ,to put them to gether.that should make 10 24 inch chains.it would take a lond time to break even! kenny

if i buy 100 feet of chain and the tool set ,to put them to gether.that should make 10 24 inch chains.it would take a lond time to break even! kenny

If you only get 10 84 DL chains from a 100' roll I'd like to know what you did with the other 9 1/2 loops?
1640 DL in a 100' roll of 3/8" pitch chain. Divide that by 84 = 19.52 loops.

Andy

Latest posts

Back