New Chain Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any concerns about all the little bits of metal causing wear on the bar, chain and sprocket? Would running the saw fling the shavings off, or would it mix with the bar oil and become a grinding paste?

Gets flung off, same as when filing a chain. What little might stay behind is far less abrasive than dust from grinding wheels.

Mr. HE:cool:

Got mine today.. Took about 4 days to ship to SW Indiana. Kinda of a pain getting the handle w/bit installed back into the small front pocket, very tight fit, may just have to remove the bit when not in uses. Also would have also liked to have seen some allen wrench's with the package to keep in the tool pouch for quick changing of the bit.

But overall it looks like a good, and well built tool.

Got mine today.. Took about 4 days to ship to SW Indiana. Kinda of a pain getting the handle w/bit installed back into the small front pocket, very tight fit, may just have to remove the bit when not in uses. Also would have also liked to have seen some allen wrench's with the package to keep in the tool pouch for quick changing of the bit.

But overall it looks like a good, and well built tool.

Mine came with an Allen wrench?

Mine came with an Allen wrench?

Looking at Fish's pic's he also got a wrench, but it came packaged with his extra carbide guides. Was your wrench with the extra cutter you ordered?

I didn't order anything extra,( I should have) just the tool with 30* guides, and one cutter 7/32.

Give me some time, I am still working on the punchline.............

Writing new "Hoosier" jokes takes some time.....

Thanks to all

Hey Fellas I had started another thread concerning this product,I should have done a search first.Thanks to Edge and Engine for letting me know a thread was ongoing.I was just looking through the Lee Valley Tools catolog and came across the tool.Lee Valley usually puts quite a bit of thought into putting up a new item for sale.
Lawrence

Give me some time, I am still working on the punchline.............

Writing new "Hoosier" jokes takes some time.....

Oh… I see you’re from the KY state. I have a lot of KY jokes, just can’t post them here, but they all have to do with kissing cousin’s, taking your sister to the prom, and teaching your daughter’s how to French kiss.

:msp_biggrin:

Looking at Fish's pic's he also got a wrench, but it came packaged with his extra carbide guides. Was your wrench with the extra cutter you ordered?

I didn't order anything extra,( I should have) just the tool with 30* guides, and one cutter 7/32.

Yes, my fault, the Allen wrench came with the extra cutter not in the original packaging.

I'm not trying to make this an advertisement on this thread, but I know more about this product than anyone. If your interested pm me and I'll give you a promo code for $30 off the tool.

Looks like Lee Valley Tools is giving everyone a promo code:

(from Pete'sOldSaw's post)
attachment.php

Philbert

Looks like Lee Valley Tools is giving everyone a promo code:

(from Pete'sOldSaw's post)
attachment.php

Philbert

no..the carbide burr's or sold separately. So it will be 99.00 for the tool with guides, and 19.50 for a bit. (but they do have a free shipping promo going on right now.)

Through the timberline web sight you get the tool with guides, and the bit for 129.00 -30.00 with the promo code. (but you do pay shipping)

I talked to Phil and ordered mine yesterday. I've never sharpened a chain at all. That makes me the best test of all. After it gets here, I'll let you know. 107 was the total cost.

I'll add some hints and tips to the website soon. The carbide/handle is a very tight fit in the pocket and really only goes in one way. Open the zipper all the way and put the point of the carbide down in the very bottom of the corner (side with the zipper). If it's not in the very bottom its very difficult to try and zip closed.

bump.....Just got home and found my Timberline here. I must say it is very nice. Has a very nice case to carry it. I talked to someone else that has already used it and he said the angles looked very good and was very sharp as well. I cant wait to give mine a go as well. Looks like these ole boys are gonna make it. Seems very impressive that the carbide will go for over 20 sharpenings as well. And IMHO, the price tag is more than worth it for the averagr firewood cutter, as that would last them a very long time.

Latest posts

Back