New Chain Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no..the carbide burr's or sold separately. So it will be 99.00 for the tool with guides, and 19.50 for a bit. (but they do have a free shipping promo going on right now.)

Through the timberline web sight you get the tool with guides, and the bit for 129.00 -30.00 with the promo code. (but you do pay shipping)

There is a 40 $ difference advantage to buy directly with promo code. But this is only if you do not pay all the taxes and brokage fees...

Well men, I got to sharpen the chain on my 660 today. A Stihl chain. Good shape. All I can say is the Timberline is for real. It's actually quite "humbling"......just when I thought I was filing decent, it showed me just how bad I was filing. I will try and post some pics later on. The only problems I have had is re-adjusting for height. Sometimes, it took a couple passes to get it right. But make no mistake about it, its the best tool I've ever used to sharpen chain. It just puts a big ole grin on your face when you see all those teeth at a perfect 30 degree angle and sharp as a razor.

its perfect for stihl rsc. would like to have the 10 degree angle for the oregon chains.

its perfect for stihl rsc. would like to have the 10 degree angle for the oregon chains.

All my chain is Oregon/husqvarna, all of which is supposed to have the 10 down, but they still sharpen extremely nice and cut just as well. Would be a nice addition to a gen 2 device tho.

Hey Fellas I had started another thread concerning this product,I should have done a search first.Thanks to Edge and Engine for letting me know a thread was ongoing.I was just looking through the Lee Valley Tools catolog and came across the tool.Lee Valley usually puts quite a bit of thought into putting up a new item for sale.
Lawrence

I was thinking of starting a thread when my Lee Valley catalog came out. I was intrigued because, as you say, Lee Valley doesn't sell junk.

I was thinking of starting a thread when my Lee Valley catalog came out. I was intrigued because, as you say, Lee Valley doesn't sell junk.

It's really a fine tool. I loved using it today. That carbide will last a long time as well.

Oregon's 510 grinder didn't do 10* down angles. I talked to Oregon and they said it's not necessary.

well then it near perfect for my needs. 25 30 35 are all covered.

need something like this for square ground.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks to holshot14 and fish, for taking a flyer on this. I got mine today. Super busy and couldn't get to it until tonight. Sharpened two chains. Homelite Super XL-925, 24" bar, 3/8", .050, semi chisel. Saw was purchased new in late 80's. Good saw. Performance gradually decreased over the years. Starving for fuel. Vent in cap, bought a new one. No improvement. Quit using it about five years ago. Recently took it to independent shop. Mushy fuel lines replaced, and general clean up. No carb kit, no other work. Upon return, it seemed to run good, but couldn't cut for sh%t. Chain was obviously trashed. I have four chains for this saw, that I kept in rotation, between home and the guy who sharpened them for me. I ordered the sharpener and let the saw sit until it got here. It took me an hour of messing around to get it right. Took the saw outside and it cut like the day I bought it. The second chain was on the 272XP from srcarr, 20" bar, 3/8", .050, full chisel. Not new, sharpened once, in very good shape. I sharpened this chain in less then 5 minutes. Took this saw outside and it cut like the day I brought it home. Bottom line, this product works for me. It's not perfect, but it works. I will not be sending my chains out to be sharpened.

I ordered one today!! Place duplicate order and talked to Phil to cancel one order. Phil was very nice. Looking forward to getting it. I do have a bench grinder too.

^ +1. Ordered mine today as well with all three carbides, and all based on the reviews by the members here.

Thanks for taking the plunge and posting the reviews! :msp_thumbup:

^ +1. Ordered mine today as well with all three carbides, and all based on the reviews by the members here.

Thanks for taking the plunge and posting the reviews! :msp_thumbup:

You mean you didn't order two by mistake like I did??? LOl I have never done that before!!! I guess I was really excited. HAA HA:dizzy:

You mean you didn't order two by mistake like I did??? LOl I have never done that before!!! I guess I was really excited. HAA HA:dizzy:

No but I almost did, couldn't find the place on the site to add the extra carbide and just before I continued I realized I had 2 complete units and no third carbide. :msp_confused:

No but I almost did, couldn't find the place on the site to add the extra carbide and just before I continued I realized I had 2 complete units and no third carbide. :msp_confused:

I don't feel so bad now!!! HA HA The computer hung so I did not think it submitted my order. Turns out it did!!

Got mine today based on the reviews here. Ordered it Monday got here today not bad from Idaho to NC. Haven't tried it yet, but I have a question about the optional guides. I need to use the 25 degree cut angle. Is there a foolproof way to know which way to put in the guides so they are at the right angle?

Latest posts

Back