New chainsaw husky 365 or stihl 064?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as setting prices around the country? Why did the OP come here to ask values?
Because he thought the 064 price of $700 seemed high, and he’s correct. This was a local price though, not one that was suggested here. He came for opinions because he was going to offer $500 for the saw, personally I’d start lower. It was said that 064's normally go in the $450 range up to $600 for a pristine showpiece. Can they be found cheaper? Sure, but one would need to put the time and effort in searching that oddball out. The cheap prices you see are the same one's the resellers see. They purchase them and resell them for a profit to the people that just want to click "buy it now" and not have to do the leg work. They are offering a service and for that service they get paid.
In my opinion, rather than sharing information, which is the supposed reason for the site’s existence, the jackals set about protecting their business.
This isn't how I took this thread at all, not even remotely. But I've gone back and reread from the beginning, sometimes you end up with a different perspective of what was said.
My giving my honest opinion poked the hornets nest. How dare I ?
Lmao! That is a true statement. Mostly because a "1/3 the price of new" used saw takes a lot of searching, but that's been beat to death already. I understand your point though, you were telling him they could be found, but you left out the fact that it would take some time and effort to come across a deal like that, that’s what stirred up the nest.

You also gave good suggestions where to look to find a cheap saw. Some people just don't want to deal with that though, and those are the ones that pay market value. It’s crystal clear to me what you’re saying. You were giving him options to not have to pay market value for a used saw. You're directing him away from the used car lot and telling him to look at for sale by owner cars.

You think these resellers are offended by that and I don’t think that’s the case.

As for my offering for sale 2 saws ? As you noted, to a specific individual, under set circumstances. Not in the market place. I would better that offer to the OP as I’m sure he’s a decent individual who just got caught up in something that was not of his making.
Yes, your offer got twisted, distorted, reworded and spun till it resembled nothing of the original intent.

And having provided your real name, address, license numbers, and business name to show you are a logger and not be believed that you have a couple of used 372"s under your bench that you're willing to let go for cheap and labeled a liar because you won't post a pic is absurd, completely unjustified in my opinion. I suppose they've never seen what a business in this field has laying around. More harm was done to the accusers than you. I'd imagine I'm not the only one that sees this either.

Sorta reminds me of a guy and his imaginary Corvette.
Ahhhh! Good ol KC. He surely is a special one, he can even get honest, factual posts to magically become nonexistent in this thread.

I'd appreciate it if you delete or edit post #165 because my clarification post of who I am and why, got reported and deleted. I don't want it to appear that I never answered you or I am somehow who I was mistaken for.

Thanks.

Chainsaw is very needy goods for cutting trees. I was also wondering for new chainsaw. Can any one suggest me ? What to Buy?/

These exact models were actually my two favourite saw when I was a West Coast Faller.
Now a days, I do prefer smaller ones.
Makes sense now.

Also, if your chain is “tensioned” how you run it as shown in the pics, it’s extremely loose. It shouldn’t be sagging on the bottom like that, especially cold.
It gets tighter hot and loose when things cool.
A bonafide “rotarycraft” expert too. Knows all about it except that it’s rotorcraft and not “rotarycraft”. Lmao!

BTW, I’d respond to your other post, but someone ran to the owners again and I was told the truth needs to remain brushed under the carpet, that’s who deleted all the posts.

“no reason to make it public again”

A lot of what you said is flat out wrong and lies.

I see the two Internet tough guys who’s M.O is showing how bad ass they are in PM’s are “liking” on each other’s post. Lmao!

Tell the stories again WBF what a bad ass you are at 5’7 and 160lbs soaking wet. Tell the drunken bar stories to impress us. That was great.

Ahhhh! Good ol KC. He surely is a special one, he can even get honest, factual posts to magically become nonexistent in this thread.

I'd appreciate it if you delete or edit post #165 because my clarification post of who I am and why, got reported and deleted. I don't want it to appear that I never answered you or I am somehow who I was mistaken for.

Thanks.
Posts greater than 24 hours old cannot be edited, so unfortunately I cannot help you. Wonder who has problems with truth?

Posts greater than 24 hours old cannot be edited, so unfortunately I cannot help you. Wonder who has problems with truth?
Not a problem.

Your question though, I could go on for a long time listing screen names of proven liars.

Verrrry interesting.

I have been a member of this forum for 11 years and my post about your and Casey's issues was the very first time I had a post deleted...............wonder who is so scared of truth.......

It has been quoted twice in the discussion though and they did not delete those, yet.

BTW, I’d respond to your other post, but someone ran to the owners again and I was told the truth needs to remain brushed under the carpet, that’s who deleted all the posts.

“no reason to make it public again”

A lot of what you said is flat out wrong and lies.
Headquarters contacted you and said "the truth needs to brushed under the carpet?" Man! What colour is the sky in your word?

headquarters to YARD RAT...Headquarters to YARD RAT...YARD RAT...YOU GOT A COPY???

Maybe you are right there Yard Rat.

Headquarters contacted you and said "the truth needs to brushed under the carpet?" Man! What colour is the sky in your word?

headquarters to YARD RAT...Headquarters to YARD RAT...YARD RAT...YOU GOT A COPY???

Maybe you are right, there Yard Rat.
Yes, I reported my own post. Lmao! There’s a direct quote from the PM for your viewing.

And I deleted @svk ’s post too, because I have that power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back