New chainsaw husky 365 or stihl 064?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would speak out and stand up no matter who it is if what I see is wrong.
What would you say about someone disparaging people selling saws at market price, accusing them of "pump and dump"? If the proof of this accusation was saws for sale at well below market value, there is no difference in asking for that proof and calling someone out if they didn't provide it.

The only difference is only one of those folks will call out your hypocrisy.

And to answer your question @svk, he has issue with me. We never really crossed paths much because we had different reasons for posting here. He'll adapt, or he won't.

What would you say about someone disparaging people selling saws at market price, accusing them of "pump and dump"? If the proof of this accusation was saws for sale at well below market value, there is no difference in asking for that proof and calling someone out if they didn't provide it.

The only difference is only one of those folks will call out your hypocrisy.

And to answer your question @svk, he has issue with me. We never really crossed paths much because we had different reasons for posting here. He'll adapt, or he won't.
I already spoke up about that, go back and reread, it’s clearly stated I said that’s not the case.

Remember you saying “I’m a good reader”? Obviously you aren’t.

The supply and demand of mechanically sound used saws is what sets the market price, not a “pump and dump” scheme.

I already spoke up about that, go back and reread, it’s clearly stated I said that’s not the case.

Remember you saying “I’m a good reader”? Obviously you aren’t.
Commenting on it is far different from the way you're proceeding here, and only confirms you as a hypocrite.

Reactions: svk
He’s being called a liar with zero proof. He’s provided his real name, name of business, license numbers, he obviously has used saws being a logger, to call him a liar because of no picture is ridiculous.
Refusal to provide proof is a very substantial reason. Weren't you in law enforcement at one time, or am I thinking of one of the other guys who kept changing his name?

If I offer a saw on the trading post and post no pics, how many actual offers do you think I will get?

Commenting on it is far different from the way you're proceeding here, and only confirms you as a hypocrite.
Lmao. There’s multiple posts stating I don’t agree with his stance, but I didn’t expect anything different from you, a different breed.

I will clearly state where I stand.

You guys are wrong for labeling him as a liar, he’s provided ample evidence he is who he says he is. A logger will have a couple beat up and used up saws he’s willing to let go at below market value, regardless if pics are provided or not. To boot, he gave you an opportunity to back up your fraudulent claim by making it worthwhile for him to play your silly games and show pictures but you ran while showing everyone your pink panties.

He‘s wrong that used saw that are mechanically sound can be commonly found for 1/3 of what that saw would cost new. Can it happen, hell yeah, is it rare, hell yeah. Those that are motivated enough to find cheap saws, clean them up and make them mechanically sound deserve to make a profit on those who aren’t willing to do that work. Those that are motivated to find already mechanically sound saws below market value have every right to make a profit on those not willing to do the legwork to find those deals.

There‘s no “pump and dump” scheme going on, it’s called supply and demand.

Now go back and reread and tell me anything that’s inaccurate, something that wasn’t previously stated or how I’m being a hypocrite.

I‘ll wait.

This whole arguement is pointless. Look on Marketplace. There's a dealer in my home state advertising a brand new 572 and and a brand new 372, 20" bar and chain, OTD, that means tax included for $800 a piece. I bet there's more to be had at that price. 1/3 of that is $266.67. That is not a realistic price for a fairly modern, fully intact, functional 70cc saw unless someone needs the cash or is doing you a favor.

I think a lot of this disconnect was coming from a clear understanding of what the condition is of a “1/3 the price new” saw is. So here you’re saying it’s fully operational and the average firewood hack would get many years out of it, but it’s ugly and has never been gone through before the would be sale. That clears up a lot of the confusion for me on what you’re willing to let go for $300.

Some of my questions weren’t answered though, and they may help everyone see each other’s point of view. I’ll reword them to fit what information you just gave.

1. Do you feel a $300 372 in mechanically sound condition, that will last many many hours, is easily found with very little legwork involved? As in, $300 372’s are commonly found. This question needs to be answered honestly. Remember, not everyone wants to do the searching that these sellers do to find deals, garage sales, estate sales, monitoring Craigslist daily, etc.

2. If they’re not commonly found and the buyer doesn’t want to do the searching, do you feel the seller deserves a premium for doing that leg work?

3. Do you feel a saw that has been gone through prior to the sale to assure no immediate future problems should demand a higher price? Like what Duce and others are doing with these used saws.

I saw the posts where people called you a liar about having these saws and then clammed up when a bet was offered. This is not right, definetely not how I was raised. If you’re going to call someone out you better be willing to put something where your mouth is. Over the internet, that something would be money. Those who disparaged you and then ran should man up and either take the bet or retract their statement.
I said they were around. Commonly? I don’t recall using that phrase. As I stated just because someone on Craigslist asks $500 doesn’t mean that’s what they sell for. As I’ve also stated my dealer always has used saws. You may have to wait for a particular one but he‘s the highest volume dealer within 100 miles. Buy one as is or tinkered. I never said one that’s been tinkered isn’t worth more. I said $300 saws were available. The mutual admiration society( pump and dump with gushing praise and reference to great price posted by other members not wishing to purchase on certain individuals ads here ) took offense that I’d advise the OP there were places to look other than the already bought and up for resale pieces you find here. Imagine that! Protecting their own interests.
The individuals here have twisted every word I’ve said in order to convince themselves they’re right while never once looking in the mirror. While I appreciate you coming to my defense, it’s unnecessary. I don’t much care what the guy next door thinks, let alone an unidentifiable keyboard cowboy 1000 miles away.

This whole arguement is pointless.
This was every thread in the P&R forum. Watch, it'll keep happening now.
Lmao. There’s multiple posts stating I don’t agree with his stance, but I didn’t expect anything different from you, a different breed.

I will clearly state where I stand.

You guys are wrong for labeling him as a liar, he’s provided ample evidence he is who he says he is. A logger will have a couple beat up and used up saws he’s willing to let go at below market value, regardless if pics are provided or not. To boot, he gave you an opportunity to back up your fraudulent claim by making it worthwhile for him to play your silly games and show pictures but you ran while showing everyone your pink panties.

He‘s wrong that used saw that are mechanically sound can be commonly found for 1/3 of what that saw would cost new. Can it happen, hell yeah, is it rare, hell yeah. Those that are motivated enough to find cheap saws, clean them up and make them mechanically sound deserve to make a profit on those who aren’t willing to do that work. Those that are motivated to find mechanically sound saws below market value have every right to make a profit on those not willing to do the legwork to find those deals.

There‘s no “pump and dump” scheme going on, it’s called supply and demand.

Now go back and reread and tell me anything that’s inaccurate, something that wasn’t previously stated or how I’m being a hypocrite.

I‘ll wait.
I'll type slow. Someone calls someone a thief, you tell them they're wrong. Someone calls someone a liar, you take their "standards" to task including calling on others to chime in. You pretend to have virtue you do not.

This was every thread in the P&R forum. Watch, it'll keep happening now.

I'll type slow. Someone calls someone a thief, you tell them they're wrong. Someone calls someone a liar, you take their "standards" to task including calling on others to chime in. You pretend to have virtue you do not.
Is that slow typing for me, the intellectual inferior person to you? The “crayon eater”? Again, I suggest you go back and reread, you’re not living up to your self proclaimed comprehension skills.

I apologize for mistaking you with one of the other guys. I do remember the deal with Casey throwing you under the bus and I am surprised he was not banned over that. But the inconsistency of management decisions around here is one of reasons why I chose to no longer be a moderator. As I mentioned in another post, the "police" have more or less be defunded around here.

What I said about JH stands. You can say he was only doing this or that, but the fact that he said he has saws for sale and still hasn't provided a single shred of evidence that such saws exist speaks for itself.
Yeep.

I apologize for mistaking you with one of the other guys. I do remember the deal with Casey throwing you under the bus and I am surprised he was not banned over that. But the inconsistency of management decisions around here is one of reasons why I chose to no longer be a moderator. As I mentioned in another post, the "police" have more or less be defunded around here.

What I said about JH stands. You can say he was only doing this or that, but the fact that he said he has saws for sale and still hasn't provided a single shred of evidence that such saws exist speaks for itself.
Thanks for that apology. I always thought you were a hard worker and good person, I guess we just disagree on what constitutes the right to label a person a liar. I don’t live in a fantasy land and don’t expect everyone to have the same views as me. Cheers, brother. :cheers:

Is that slow typing for me, the intellectual inferior person to you? The “crayon eater”? Again, I suggest you go back and reread, you’re not living up to your self proclaimed comprehension skills.
Read the part where you told JH to "put his money where his mouth is" for accusing folks of nefarious sales practices(you do realize "pump and dump" describes an illegal activity)?

Read the part where you told JH to "put his money where his mouth is" for accusing folks of nefarious sales practices(you do realize "pump and dump" describes an illegal activity)?
For an accurate comparison, you are you and JH is JH, you’ve both have said and done things I disagree with and they’re not the same to compare.

There’s no one to call out on JH’s side to say he’s wrong, I did it, it’s all right there for your eyes to see, but there’s no one else I can call out. On the other side, your side that’s labeling him a liar with no proof and only evidence to suggest otherwise, I asked for people to step up for when you ran from the bet, the bet that would clear his name, the bet that you stated “now you’re talking”. It’s one of the reasons we are a different breed.

This shouldn’t be that hard to comprehend for a man of your intellect where others, myself, are “Crayon eaters”.

It really is completely irrelevant to me, as I’ve stated, I have no dog in this fight, I ain’t friends with JH, I don’t sell used saws, I just wanted to see who has the core beliefs I have and who’s willling to go against a friend to stand up for said core beliefs.

I have my answer and am totally content with moving on if you are.

For an accurate comparison, you are you and JH is JH, you’ve both have said and done things I disagree with and they’re not the same to compare.

There’s no one to call out on JH’s side to say he’s wrong, I did it, it’s all right there for your eyes to see, but there’s no one else I can call out. On the other side, your side that’s labeling him a liar with no proof and only evidence to suggest otherwise, I asked for people to step up for when you ran from the bet, the bet that would clear his name, the bet that you stated “now you’re talking”. It’s one of the reasons we are a different breed.

This shouldn’t be that hard to comprehend for a man of your intellect where others, myself, are “Crayon eaters”.

It really is completely irrelevant to me, as I’ve stated, I have no dog in this fight, I aint friends with JH, I don’t sell used saws, I just like to see who has the core beliefs I have and who’s willling to go against a friend to stand up for said core beliefs.

I have my answer and am totally content with moving on if you are.
Bye

I said they were around. Commonly? I don’t recall using that phrase.
It was a question directed at you, not a accusation that you said it. In my limited experience, but I don’t actively search, its not a common occurrence to find a mechanically sound saw at 1/3 the price of a new one. It‘s more common to find that price with saws that need work. I see no difference with those prices on this forum or local ads.
Buy one as is or tinkered. I never said one that’s been tinkered isn’t worth more. I said $300 saws were available.
Yes they are, but again, it’s rare and takes searching in my limited experience. Most of the saws listed here are ready to go to work and the member selling them are willing to put their stamp of approval on it. The “inflated“ price reflects this assurance and compensation for their time. Not everyone is mechanically inclined and a used saw with problems brought to a dealer could render it worthless to them due to the cost of labor.
The mutual admiration society( pump and dump with gushing praise and reference to great price posted by other members not wishing to purchase on certain individuals ads here ) took offense that I’d advise the OP there were places to look other than the already bought and up for resale pieces you find here. Imagine that! Protecting their own interests.
Lmao! your wording cracked me up.
Again, the market dictates the price, these fellas aren’t important enough to artificially inflate the entire used saw market. You won’t find any different pricing here than any other sites or local ads. If they’re willing to get down in the weeds and find deals and make a profit on those not willing to, more power to them. You’re leaving out of your thinking that most people aren’t willing to do the leg work and are willing to pay a premium for their laziness.
The individuals here have twisted every word I’ve said in order to convince themselves they’re right while never once looking in the mirror. While I appreciate you coming to my defense, it’s unnecessary. I don’t much care what the guy next door thinks, let alone an unidentifiable keyboard cowboy 1000 miles away.
I’m not coming to your “defense”. I’m stating what I believe is right and what is wrong. There’s both on both sides.

It was a question directed at you, not a accusation that you said it. In my limited experience, but I don’t actively search, its not a common occurrence to find a mechanically sound saw at 1/3 the price of a new one. It‘s more common to find that price with saws that need work. I see no difference with those prices on this forum or local ads.

Yes they are, but again, it’s rare and takes searching in my limited experience. Most of the saws listed here are ready to go to work and the member selling them are willing to put their stamp of approval on it. The “inflated“ price reflects this assurance. Not everyone is mechanically inclined and a used saw with problems brought to a dealer could render it worthless due to the cost of labor

Non of what you say is incorrect but it goes far beyond the basic problem encountered. What you ignore is the fact that this all started because I suggested there were ( and are ) places to find used saws at reasonable prices. If there weren’t, these people wouldn’t have saws to resell, tinkered or not. I’ve seen both listed. I merely suggested places to look which touched off the tirades. As far as setting prices around the country? Why did the OP come here to ask values? In my opinion, rather than sharing information, which is the supposed reason for the site’s existence, the jackals set about protecting their business. My giving my honest opinion poked the hornets nest. How dare I ? As for my offering for sale 2 saws ? As you noted, to a specific individual, under set circumstances. Not in the market place. I would better that offer to the OP as I’m sure he’s a decent individual who just got caught up in something that was not of his making.
As with most things in life , we probably agree on more than we differ on. But there are differences. We simply choose to behave like gentlemen rather than entitled delinquents when discussing them. Keep the good attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back