New Chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Bockman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Have been looking for a low hour used chipper on the west coast and have about decided to buy a new one. Probably a Morbark or Bandit (in the 9 or 12 inch size) since they have dealers out here. Both seem OK but still haven't decided which one .... or ... to get a drum or disk. Since I am a walnut tree farmer, most of my work with the chipper will be on site and could get buy with a PTO model.
Any advice will be appreciated.

no advise, just input.
i have a bandit 250xp, and i love it. i have owned it since 1999 and i will have it for as long as it runs. even then, maybe i'll use it in front of the office as advertising.
i also used the morbark model 13, another nice machine, but i prefer my bandit instead. i couldn't getr used to the banging around of the drum.
just my opinion.
my only advise is to get in touch with a dealer and demo, demo and demo a little more. big money to spend, just make sure you are 100% with your choice.

Thanks

I have already had one demo but am waiting for one from Morbark. Clearly Morbark dealer likes their drum and Bandit is pushing their 90 disk. Nobody has a pto to demo. ..dave

i would go with the bandit!

morjunk has very poor product support hear in ca. and the "rep" is computation for us tree guys (run his own show on the side :angry2: )

Vermeer 1250

I have been using a Vermeer 1250 w/turbo perkins. It does a great job on anything less than 10", and takes up to 12" with a little slower feed. Most of my trees have been larch, fir, and cedar, with some maple. This machine was custom ordered by the city of Seattle, was used little, and maintained well. Oversized cutter head bearings were ordered by Seattle, and I'm told by Vermeer that they have never had a failure on this option. This machine has autofeed, streetside shift, special muffler, hydraulic swing, hyd brakes, oversized wheels/tires etc.
I'm very sold on the quality of Vermeer. I have moved from acreage in NE Washington to Western WA and am selling this machine for $17,500. You can reply via e-mail if you wish [email protected]

Latest posts

Back