New Echo 680 replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That thing looks very cool! I am definitely interested. Funny, I sent echo an email a few weeks back asking about 680/800 replacements and they said there are no plans to replace them. I wasn't really expecting an answer lol.

2017 before I imported my 2511 from overseas I asked if it was to be released in North America - they said no. Two months later it hit shelves here. Not sure what to make of that!

Yeah they don't let anything out, not even a hint till it's available. I hate that, I want to drool on pictures before it comes out, lol

Yeah they don't let anything out, not even a hint till it's available. I hate that, I want to drool on pictures before it comes out, lol

I have a photo I'll post later on, need to black out some parts of it as I'm not sure it's supposed to be posted.

Awesome! Much appreciated! I am a huge Echo fanboy. I've got a whole fleet that I use for tree work (2511, 355, 501, 620). Anything new coming out in the large CC range I will buy immediately lol!

I'm guessing the photo is from Europe? I wouldn't expect the saw to see North America for a number of years (if at all)...

Awesome! Much appreciated! I am a huge Echo fanboy. I've got a whole fleet that I use for tree work (2511, 355, 501, 620). Anything new coming out in the large CC range I will buy immediately lol!

I'm guessing the photo is from Europe? I wouldn't expect the saw to see North America for a number of years (if at all)...
Yes picture is from overseas

The echo boys will be all over this new offering, echo does need a 70cc pro saw it should be good. Finally they have an AT system too.
Sorry, I'm new here. What is an AT system? I've been able to figure out every other abbreviation that I have come across on this site, but I'm ....... stumped ;) on this one.

Auto Tune.
I'd actually like it to come out in non-AT.
AT was one of the many reasons I went with the 620 not a second 562xp. I really don't feel it adds anything for a guy like me. If it gave me something... Reliability
More power
Lighter weight
More power
Or anything really I wouldn't care. But AT does nothing, I can tune just fine and it doesn't really cost me any time. Don't add things to add things, add things that actually provide a benefit. Least on pro saws I feel. Save that crap for homeowners.

Auto Tune.
I'd actually like it to come out in non-AT.
AT was one of the many reasons I went with the 620 not a second 562xp. I really don't feel it adds anything for a guy like me. If it gave me something... Reliability
More power
Lighter weight
More power
Or anything really I wouldn't care. But AT does nothing, I can tune just fine and it doesn't really cost me any time. Don't add things to add things, add things that actually provide a benefit. Least on pro saws I feel. Save that crap for homeowners.
Thank you.

But really AT is a EPA play, along with Stihls new injection. Least Stihl is giving you something with the injection ; more power. Honestly though, once all saws are fueled in a manner where we can't play with them without substantial work, the EPA will regulate the 2 stroke into oblivion.
Also see Outboard Boat motors for a history lesson

Oh... Oh baby. Thank you sir! I am in fact, drooling!

Silver front on the crankcase... Interesting.

I've noticed this black triangle motif on a few of their Euro saws - It's not too shabby, but I feel Echo lacks consistency in their colour branding. Well, I am thrilled that it appears something new is in the works!!!

Maybe I should paint the starter cover on my 400 black?
20190101_172422.jpg
Got a can of gloss black Rustoleum 2X Ultra Cover for plastic on clearance.
Flat or satin might look better though to soften the sharp edges.:rolleyes:

Back