New Firewood Beast

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope you have better luck with your JD than I did. Over the years I have owned a lot of JD tractors but the 5603 I had was the worst. It was the same size as the one you bought. The cab and engine was great but the rest of the tractor was junk. I did buy it new and it spent a lot of time at the dealer the 1,000 hours I owned the tractor. It was the first time in my life the only way I could get a good price for the tractor was I had to trade it to a Case-IH, Bobcat dealer on a new skid loader. It all started with the hyds going out at 50 hours then the rearend then the reverser then the trans. JD is not what it use to be.

yeah but what is what it used to be honestly?

How much did JD charge you for the third function ? I have and older 5400 (68hp) open station that I use for my firewood addiction. My friend and I are going to fab a grapple together soon. I use pallet forks now and it does just fine moving logs to the splitter but a grapple would really be nice! I like the cab tractors - my friends all have them for farming. I dont think the glass would stay in mine going in and out of the woods all the time. Plus getting in and out of it all the time is easier with an open station. I am pointing this out purely out of jealousy!

In the winter I joke about having the Carrhart edition cab ! haha

How much did JD charge you for the third function ? I have and older 5400 (68hp) open station that I use for my firewood addiction. My friend and I are going to fab a grapple together soon. I use pallet forks now and it does just fine moving logs to the splitter but a grapple would really be nice! I like the cab tractors - my friends all have them for farming. I dont think the glass would stay in mine going in and out of the woods all the time. Plus getting in and out of it all the time is easier with an open station. I am pointing this out purely out of jealousy!

In the winter I joke about having the Carrhart edition cab ! haha

The third function ran about $1700 which included them installing it and running all the lines. I have a thumb switch on the loader which is great for one handed use. I had some jerk dump an old couch out on the road by our house yesterday and I put on the grapple bucket and just picked it right up, crunched it into a pancake and tossed it in my dump trailer. This was while it was raining pretty hard too. I'm glad I didn't have to get out and pick up an old smelly wet couch with my hands. LOL

Latest posts

Back