New firewood machine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaseyForrest

I am NOT a tree freak.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Finally accepting that I'm not getting younger, and I was terrible to my body "back in the day," I decided I needed some mechanical assistance. Not only for processing firewood, but general utility duties around the house.

So I traded this...

2CC746FE-2552-41CF-A300-F1273FBB76A1_zps8ldlandc.jpg

0B2EA604-24A4-456B-8971-3C41FF2EA2AE_zpsqtyvodeo.jpg

The Old JD was a good unit. Just under 1300 hours and built in 1990. But no loader and no mower deck.

Since everyone and their mothers mother is offering 0%, and I seriously need a loader to assist me in my outdoor chores, I settled on the Kubota.

Pallet forks and 60" mmm will be delivered soon.

Nice Kubota. I'm taking my father in law up to get one this week. I believe it's a bx25? Loader, backhoe and mower deck. I'd buy one if I didnt just Finance a new four wheeler and house loan. For now the 70 year old allis chalmers will do. Nice jd to, never seen a 670 before

need to have a tooth bar on that bucket.or one of these.
spartan%20skid%20steer%20rock%20bucket%20with%20teeth%201__28181.jpg
i have a rock bucket for my new holland and it's great for firewood. most of the dirt and sawdust falls through. it's great for rooting out brush and briars in the woods.20151123_135315.jpg nice tractor BTW.:rock2: someone told me they stole that color from Stihl.:laughing:

Nice Kubota. I'm taking my father in law up to get one this week. I believe it's a bx25? Loader, backhoe and mower deck. I'd buy one if I didnt just Finance a new four wheeler and house loan. For now the 70 year old allis chalmers will do. Nice jd to, never seen a 670 before

The BX series was given serious thought. But it meant I would have had to replace the implements I currently own.

need to have a tooth bar on that bucket.or one of these.
spartan%20skid%20steer%20rock%20bucket%20with%20teeth%201__28181.jpg
i have a rock bucket for my new holland and it's great for firewood. most of the dirt and sawdust falls through. it's great for rooting out brush and briars in the woods.View attachment 467380 nice tractor BTW.:rock2: someone told me they stole that color from Stihl.:laughing:

Its on the list. Just no need right now.

It does match all my stihl stuff, which is a bonus.

Nice!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that will serve you well!!!

Have you tried it out yet?

Sadly all Ive done with it so far is drive to the end of the driveway and grab the paper.

Im right in the middle of insulating the garage and sheathing the inside. Later this week our insert is getting installed. Maybe this weekend I can get some one on one time with it.

I have been thinking about buying a new tractor for a couple of years now. I sold my tn75 a few years back because it was just to big for garden work. No sure what I will end up with or when. My brothers tractor is just across the road and right now why buy when I can borrow. :laughing:

Nice tractor. Check out the picture of my Kubota hood, the tractor was 2 hours old when a round fell out of the bucket and smashed the hood. Learn from my mistake!View attachment 467636
"Did you cry?
Crap like that always makes me misty. "
It's kinda like buying a new car with kids. Here is how I would get over being mad for them spilling in it: Go to store buy a can of soda shake violently then open it inside said car, proceed to slam the door then kick it in. Repeat until you are done being mad. Hopefully now that you've thought it through you don't really have to do it.

Two weeks ago I put a root through the grill of the L3800, just glad it didn't make it to the radiator:).20151207_125805.jpg

The BX series was given serious thought. But it meant I would have had to replace the implements I currently own.
When I got my Kubota L3800 I had to upgrade my 353 to a 550. The plastic on the 353 was already mismatched. I figure the 550 and the 3800 can become mismatched together lol.

Nice Kubota!

You missed your calling if you convinced the wife you needed that for fire wooding.:laugh:

It wasn't a matter of convincing or asking.

Since I shoulder about 95% of the outdoor chores...... It was just deciding what size.

Or maybe it's just that she didn't say no when I told her I was replacing the JD.

Sent from a field

Let me know if there are any attachments your looking for.
Here's my latest, obviously used. The black locust in the second picture was a dead standing /leaning one in the back yard I wanted to clean up. Of course my boy as close to the action as he can get:).20151207_125826.jpg20151107_123454.jpg

Back