New firewood machine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the new Tractor. They do make life so much easier. I say load the tires, even with my tires loaded I still had to make a heavy counter weight on my L4740. the counter weight has 12-80lb bags of concrete in it. Even with that I can still get the rear off the ground moving skids with close to a half cord of green wood in them.
View attachment 467933

View attachment 467934

View attachment 467935
Is that your own private stock, or do you sell firewood?

A Kubota with a loader is on my need and want list. All my wife knows though is the wood racks get filled every year using a 87 Simplicity 9020 and my old 76 Highboy so she doesn't see the need. Beside she helps unload the truck when she's around, I just need to rub some dirt on it and move on. She agreed on the splitter what more do I need. I'm in envy, what a great piece of equipment you have, congratulations.

A Kubota with a loader is on my need and want list. All my wife knows though is the wood racks get filled every year using a 87 Simplicity 9020 and my old 76 Highboy so she doesn't see the need. Beside she helps unload the truck when she's around, I just need to rub some dirt on it and move on. She agreed on the splitter what more do I need. I'm in envy, what a great piece of equipment you have, congratulations.
Like I said above, it's a high cost to pay.
Once you've paid it it's hard to do without. My plan is to save up enough for a new one with the money I make with it.
Hoping that can happen every 5yrs. That's only 2000 a yr and 10k selling my tractor.
I've operated equipment for a long time and I'm still getting used to the fact that I can use it for many chores. I think it's overkill for many and my quad could do the same quicker, but I have so I got to use it:).
You can still get a lot done without owning one, and just renting a bobcat/skid steer for a few days to get done the things you'd need one for. It's a lot cheaper that way if you can plan out when you need it.

Well I was wondering, as we have Kubota's at work, why are the front two wheels on a Kubota so towed in? We do not have loaders on ours at work as they just pull battery carts around, so does the front wheels straighten when they have a load on them or? Wondering because ours at work the inner front tires will have to be switched around because the outside barely if at all touches the ground and the inside is completely bald after using it for a while. Never made any sense to me why they are that way???

I'd have to guess for better turning when used in dirt, same reason a road grader can slant the front wheels.

Aren't tractor tires directional?

Well I was wondering, as we have Kubota's at work, why are the front two wheels on a Kubota so towed in? We do not have loaders on ours at work as they just pull battery carts around, so does the front wheels straighten when they have a load on them or? Wondering because ours at work the inner front tires will have to be switched around because the outside barely if at all touches the ground and the inside is completely bald after using it for a while. Never made any sense to me why they are that way???
I'd have to guess for better turning when used in dirt, same reason a road grader can slant the front wheels.

Aren't tractor tires directional?
I have had the bucket as full as it gets with wet dirt to where it would hardly lift it and it did not straighten them.

Yes, to rotate them you have to remove them from the wheels.

The reason grader tires tilt left or right is to aid in keeping the grader pointed in the right direction when you load the moldboard full. The front end can get fairly light in a heavy push and tilting the tires helps offset the forces.

Say if you are wind-rowing to the left and you get in a deep cut or are carrying a significant amount of material.... With the blade angled to the left, the front of the grader will want to move to the right. Tilting the front wheels (using the tops as a point of reference and sitting in the seat) to the left helps keep the front of the grader from wanting to slide to the right.

Back