New firewood shed started

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have finally got around to putting the firewood shed up. It has been sitting for a while and now I made the time. I only have some of the poles up. The rest will be up on Monday and the trusses by Tuesday. Can;t wait I need to fill it. There is also a pic of the wood I am getting from my supplier. Pretty nice stuff I think.

Scott

One shed with trusses. It's 45x76. It half of a building I bought. I split it with a friend. It was 160ft to start. The poles are 12x12 pine

Scott

Good wood, nice toys, can't wait for more pics.

Agree about having nice flat dry land.

My plan is to have to add onto it in 3-4 years. Beerman wht size shed do you have? I love big buildings. I turned down some trusses earlier this year. The were 2 piece and would span 110ft. Didn't have the room for that. But man that would have been great

Scott

:greenchainsaw: They call mine a 50x80,but my tape shows only76 feet long,it is damn close to 50' wide though.

Coming along nicely.
We can only squeeze a 42x85 where there was once a barn. They get small fast.

I wish I had 3. Only the yellow Deere is mine. The Bobcat is one of the guys helping. The asv we had to get to set the beams and trusses. And a 20ft piece of railroad track chained to the forks. There was so much frontal weight that it would tip the others. That ASV is 105hp and has well over 3k of lift. It has 1400hrs. My cousin just picked it up for 10k. The this economy is great if you have money.

Scott

Finally got the Missues to send this to me...built this shed this past summer, ignore the date on the pic...did have it full, holds around 5 cords, cost $360, size 8' x 20'

Can't beat a skidsteer for a good all around machine!!

Darned right! One of the carpenters who helped build my house like to use the expression "handier than a shirt pocket". Certainly applies to a skid-steer.

I picked up a 30-ish year-old Bobcat 720 when I started my home construction in 2004. I was going to sell it this spring, didn't get around to it, then, in mid-summer I decided to go with wood heat. Since then, I've been working it moving logs (bought a set of strap-on pallet forks of fleabay) from the neighbors back home and stacking them for later cutting/splitting/stacking.

Sure beats picking up each stick of wood, throwing it on the truck or trailer, then getting it back home and unloading and stacking. I just dump the logs next to the woodpile, cut and split them right there, then stack it.

Butt-ugly and thirsty for gas when run hard, but it still gets the job done!

Steve

Back