New Grapple!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it's finally happened. Got a bonus at work today. I've been s l o w l y saving for a grapple for my skid steer now I can see the grapple at the end of the tunnel! I'll have about $1500 to spend. How does this one look to you experts? Going on an old 7753 Bobcat.

Titan 60 grapple. Click on the 60.

You'll wonder how you made it without one up till now. I cut all my wood with the grapple holding it up off the ground. Sure is safer that way and chains stay sharp a lot longer too. Makes short work of brush. Just grab it and go. I keep wanting to grab a small car and move it.:msp_w00t:

Those are awesome....i have been saving money for one also to use on clearing jobs.

Not quite there yet:cry:

If you are close to the OH line, there is one sitting along Route 62 outside of salem for sale

I think it had the middle hydraulics though, not the left/right like your link

Must have....

Bought mine for my 75 horse tractor about 5 months ago. One great investment. Mine looks almost identical to the one your looking at. Large logs, small logs it likes them all. As already mentioned, great for bucking, cut my time by better than half, and saves your back. Piling brush is great also. I have cut 8 cords, all sizes and types (oak, shagbark and ash) no problem. Also, works to push the bucked logs into piles without dragging in dirt.

GET IT! Looks like a quality grapple, you'll love it. Theres no attachment more handy than a grapple bucket.

One suggestion I would add is to look at the way my grapple's nice and flat on the bottom and not curved up, it makes it much easier to work with in the woods. You can just put the grapple down flat and drive along picking up wood/brush, works better in my opinion. I have talked with other grapple owners and they tend to agree. BUT any grapple is better than no grapple.:biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

FS, I'd be glad to have that info! As with everybody else I'm on a budget but I might be able to get the "insider" price. I used to work for and still know alot of the Mennonite families around here. Thanks! :bowdown:

Andy is right get one with flat tines on the bottom. I use mine for cleaning a lot with the tines pointed straight down and back dragging slowly. It really does a great jop for the small stuff left behind. Also do you have to go new? I would look for a used one also. You might find a good deal on better quality used.

Scott

Ok ,so there are those who have and those who have nots. I sure would like to be one of those who have one of them! Work smarter not harder! Sweet tool! Congrats to you!:smile2:

I personally would not buy the one you are looking at. I agree with the person that said get the flat tines. I have had my grapple for 15 years and it has been ABUSED!! We have resealed the cylinders twice, it is Bobcats heaviest one I think it is called an industrial grapple probably twice or more than the one you are looking at. Not saying you need to spend that much but ours has probably lasted thru 4 or 5 skidloaders. A neighbor of mine bought one like you are looking at and he constantly complains that when he closes the grapple it doesnt line up with the bottom tines correctly so smaller logs and such tend to bounce out and what not. I let him try mine and he was much happier. Like someone else said any grapple is better than no grapple just giving you some things to think about. Good luck.

I was merely considering getting one until SS Sandy hit. I now have more wood to fetch than I could dream about! I've got 20 acres just like this to clean up. I think the grapple will pay for itself quickly.

attachment.php

I prefer the root rake curved tines, myself. But i have an ASV RC-30 which is different, and I live down in flat Florida, and it gets a bit plastic here.

My grapple is a Millonzi 48" with one grapple in the middle, and it is a good device. I do pick up big stuff and cut it at waist high which is good, but I don;t cut close enough to ruin chain either...

Its a big grapple....

I like grabbing a batch of ten foot limb wood and dissecting it with with a sharp chain. the remaining pieces get dropped over a pair of logs and get finished, or left to burn that way.

I have plans to build a grapple opposite of what most would think, its going to be 18''.

I swear, I wish I had a use for firewood.....

I have a both, a grapple and a 4in1 bucket from WR Long. You might want to give them a call or check out their website.

I use mine for everyting from moving logs and slash brush to building stone walls and spreading bark mulch. They are built for heavy duty work and I love using them as much as possible.

They have a great reputation and their customer service is top notch.

View attachment 284296
View attachment 284297

I've had both the upswept teeth and the flat, I sold the High Rock root grapple (upswept teeth) to buy the Bobcat Indst.toothed grapple because back dragging is almost impossible with the upswept teeth. The root grapple was good for alot of things but it lacked in a few crucial areas. I guess in my opinion if tree work is mainly what you'll use it for, go with the flat teeth

Latest posts

Back